Caravan from DFW to The Big Teasy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caravan from DFW to The Big Teasy

There are a couple of cars that are going to caravan from Dallas to NOLA. Anyone interested add your name to the list. We will work out the details as we go along.

1. Dave (Tbear) Car TBD
    2. Mike and Susan (Bird 42) Cashmere
    3. George (RetroGeorge) Platinum Silver
    4. Mike and Barabra (MikeTex) Merlot
    Last edited by Tbear; May 1, 2017, 04:45 PM.

Re: Caravan from DFW to The Big Teasy

George, from Allen (north-east of Dallas). Can meet up anywhere my GPS can find. 2004 silver. 2-say radio.
    Allen, TX
    The best trophies are miles on the odometer, stone chips in the paint, dead bugs on the windshield, and the occasional smell of manure.

Comment

Hey Dave....we're in.

George...we're in Allen also....surprised we haven't seen your Tbird (or maybe we have and didn't realize it).

Comment

Mike, Glad to have ya join in.

Comment

Originally posted by miketx View Post
          Hey Dave....we're in.

George...we're in Allen also....surprised we haven't seen your Tbird (or maybe we have and didn't realize it).
          It's a small world, ain't it? I think I saw you at the intersection of Greenville and Main last weekend, or the weekend before.

I don't know yet which route Dave is going to take to New Orleans (east to Shreveport or south to Beaumont). However, he lives in Garland, which is "on the way" for us either way, so we probably ought to head for Garland and pick him up there.

I am really looking forward to it. Ozarks was my first TBN event.

GAB
          Allen, TX
          The best trophies are miles on the odometer, stone chips in the paint, dead bugs on the windshield, and the occasional smell of manure.

Comment

Greenville and Main.....it's possible. Whenever the weather is nice, we are out with the Tbird on the weekends.

We wanted to do the Ozarks trip, but we had just been up there 2x in 2 months (Barbara, my wife, has family in Eureka Springs).

Mike

Comment

Guys, I think it might be better to arrive a day early, so I booked a room at the hotel for Saturday arrival in NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbear View Post
                Guys, I think it might be better to arrive a day early, so I booked a room at the hotel for Saturday arrival in NO.
                Dave, I just tried to extend my reservation. No dice. The hotel is completely booked up for both our TBS Bloc and the rest of the hotel. I will spend tomorrow finding a motel around Baton Rouge for the 14th. Then I can take an easy drive into NO on the 15th and meet up with you all.

GAB
                Allen, TX

Comment

Are y'all planning to drive to N O in one day? We usually stop in Opelousas which is about 6 hours from Bedford. Then a relatively short drive to N O.
                  Jim & Regina

Comment

Originally posted by TeeBrd View Post
                    Are y'all planning to drive to N O in one day? We usually stop in Opelousas which is about 6 hours from Bedford. Then a relatively short drive to N O.
                    I will defer to Dave re. this question, as I am the guy who gets lost between Allen and Plano.
                    Allen, TX

Comment

We like the idea of breaking up the trip. While we love our bird 8 hours in one stretch is a bit much.

Comment

We don't have a hotel reserved for Saturday.....we'll probably do the drive in one day. Heck, we drove back from the South Dakota rally in one day (18 hours......the Tbird was comfy, but I never plan to repeat that long of a drive again).

Comment

I will do it in one day, leaving Saturday morning. Anyone wants to join in is welcome. Meet in Mesquite at the McDonalds on old hwy 80 at Beltline at 8:00 AM. That should get us to NOLA in time for supper.

Comment

Working...
                          X