This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting of Pictures on TBN

Here is a link on how to and what size pictures should be on TBN. If the pictures are any larger then 800 x 800 they will be removed from the site.

http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...ad.php?t=28335

Re: Posting of Pictures on TBN

MTT.

Comment

MTT.

Comment

How do you rotate an avatar picture? It is correct on my computer but when uploading it comes out sideways. Thanks.

Comment

Guess it is a necessary evil to have the 800X800 size limit. HOWEVER, for me it means I won't be posting any pictures for fear making someone upset. Why? because I am not computer smart enough to know how to even tell the size of my pics let alone how to change their size. Oh well, that is just the way it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Howlandd View Post
            Guess it is a necessary evil to have the 800X800 size limit. HOWEVER, for me it means I won't be posting any pictures for fear making someone upset. Why? because I am not computer smart enough to know how to even tell the size of my pics let alone how to change their size. Oh well, that is just the way it goes.
            If you use Windows you can tell what the resolution is by:
            Right mouse click on the photo
            Towards the bottom of the window that pops up select "Properties"
            Select the DETAIL tab and it will tell you the height and width pixel size.

I don't know what software you might use to manipulate photos but most Windows programs would allow you to alter the saved pixel size when you use the SAVE AS function (under FILE). If given the option you probably should select save it as a JPG and you can alter the pixel count. You want to have the box checked to save it proportionally. If you have a 700 x 900 pixel photo you don't want to just lower it to 700x800 because it will distort the image.

Comment

Jay, I turned your pic.

Comment

In post #1 above, in the last (of 3) set of instructions, in the next to last line it says "click on OK." Where is this "OK"? ---Will

Comment

Dan,
                  The easiest way with windows is to open the program called "Paint" that's included with the windows software. Once open click on "open" and import the picture you wish to resize. Once you have the picture imported, click on "resize". You are given the option to reduce the imported photo by pixels or percent. When you check the pixels box, it will show you the size of the existing picture. The pixel size is represented by the vertical and horizontal dimensions. If the picture is perfectly square it will show the same pixel size for both the horizontal and the vertical. (such as 1024x1024) In this case changing one of the 1024s to 800 will also change the other one to 800. If the picture is a portrait where the vertical is a larger number than the horizontal, (i.e.: 1632x1224) just replace the higher number (1632 with 800) and it will then automatically resize proportionally to the new size of 800x600. As long as both resized numbers do not exceed 800 you are good to go. Save the resized picture and your ready to use it for the forum.
                  Last edited by Jim Despres; Nov 8, 2016, 10:00 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Working...
                  X