This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Connecting To TBN

For the last couple of days I have not been able to connect to TBN via my computer or my phone using wifi. I don't have problem connecting to other sites via either and i don't have trouble connecting to TBN via 4GLTE using my phone.

Any ideas what the problem is? Did something change with TBN or is it a problem with my internet service provider?

I noticed in another thread that Greg was having trouble connecting through Comcast as well. My provider is the local cable company. Anyone else having a similar issue?

21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

No clue.
    I've been accessing TBN, using my cell only,with no problems.

Redbirdsal
    sigpic
    Native Texan
    IRISH THRU & THRU!

Comment

Yes I had some problems yesterday, made a call, never heard back, but it cleared up on it's own.
      02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
      02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
      03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
      03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
      04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
      04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
      04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
      04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
      05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
      05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
      05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
      - 48&DC

Comment

No problem here. Connecting through Verizon Fios.

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
          No problem here. Connecting through Verizon Fios.
          Same here, but noticed that some times the pages are slow loading.

Joe
          It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Comment

As far as I know there's nothing wrong with the site and I haven't had any problem getting onto the site.
            They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
            IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
            Visit the TBN Store

Comment

I'm going to Comcast store today in Lady Lake. Right now I'm using the internet at the Mulberry Rec Center..

Comment

We had problems at Carlos Cafe and also at my sisters. Had problems while traveling home, but it seems to be working on our ATT service.

Comment

Maybe some one can explain to me why TBN is labeled as a "Not secure" website while all my other car websites are labeled "secure"?
                  2010 Explorer Limited Edition, tri color white, camel interior
                  2003 TBird black/saddle
                  1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL conv't turq/black
                  2004 Lincoln LS 8 Sport light tundra metallic/medium stone

Comment

Originally posted by jerrym3 View Post
                    Maybe some one can explain to me why TBN is labeled as a "Not secure" website while all my other car websites are labeled "secure"?
                    https://www.hswsolutions.com/resourc...-your-website/

Until recently, most website owners have not had to worry about special measures to secure their web pages unless they were conducting eCommerce transactions, or collecting sensitive information such as medical or banking data. But now all that is changing.

Google now officially recommends securing websites with HTTPS, which means that not only will this be important for organizations that want their websites to perform well in search, but more and more visitors will come to expect it.

In short, website security is no longer something for only certain types of websites to worry about - it's a best practice for all businesses and organizations that want to optimize their search engine performance, establish credibility with visitors, and maintain a professional web presence. What is a "Secure" Website Anyhow?

Website security covers many areas , but for the purposes being discussed here, it means that the website utilizes SSL , which stands for Secure Socket Layer, a standard security technology that establishes an encrypted connection between a web server and a browser, with the URL being prefixed with "HTTPS" rather than the standard and unsecure "HTTP" (with that extra "S" standing for "Secure").

Put simply, SSL secures the information that is shared between you (the browser) and the website that you are viewing or interacting with. Any information that you normally submit to a website (or retrieve from a site) is sent as plain text and can be viewed if an attacker is able to intercept the information. SSL encrypts the information that is shared between the browser and the web server, so that even if a user's information is intercepted by someone who is not supposed to have it they will not be able to read the data.

It's not hard to understand why SSL has historically been considered a best practice for any website that is processing transactions with sensitive data such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, personal health records, or login credentials. Now, SSL is becoming a best practice standard for all websites, including those that do not necessarily process sensitive data.

Comment

I've been noticing slow posting times to TBN the last few days, anywhere from 5-60 seconds

Comment

His poor connection may help explain some of Greg’s posts.

Comment

I too can not connect to TBN will on wifi with either my iPad or iPhone. If I turn the wifi off it will connect with my iPhone. All other websites connect fine while on wifi, just TBN will not connect. Message says that TBN server is not responding. Somethings not right somewhere.

Comment

me too..will not connect at home but will elsewhere. We have Comcast and I've spent hours on the phone!

Comment

I have Comcast too and have no problem with my wi-fi. Have any of you having problems try rebooting your router and resetting your signal booster if your using one?
                              They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
                              IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                              Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Working...
                              X