Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been slow for a week or so. Now it will not allow me to login on my iPad but will on my phone.

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Gobird View Post
      I have no problem with mine. Try cleaning your cookies.
      Makes no difference for me, Spence. I regularly clean the history (cookies) from all of our browsers - it is only on TBN that I have the problem.
      Best Joey-ism (Friends) ever:
      "The point is Moo. It's like a cow's opinion...it's 'Moo'."
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62necDwQb5E

Comment

Originally posted by Gobird View Post
        I have no problem with mine. Try cleaning your cookies.

I'm in the same boat as Jim is Spence.. I have my desktop and tablet set up so they are cleaned several times a day.. I SHOULD HAVE NOTED, LOGGING IN IS FINE!!

but ONCE I CLICK ON ANYTHING, NEW POSTS,TODAY'S POSTS ETC. I SEE A RECTANGLE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE THAT SAYS "WORKING" AND SLOWLY I GET TO WHERE I CLICKED IF I DON'T FALL ASLEEP FIRST!
        Last edited by Lakebum; Mar 22, 2019, 02:25 PM.
        "United we stand, divided we fall"

Comment

Well it has finally allowed me to login on my iPad once again after dozens of attempts. TBM is still very slow though.

Ted

Comment

Have noticed the "slow" working rectangle issue from time to time. Login lags too but at least able to log in.

Comment

I can log in fine...it's the thread transitions that take a LONG time. We work at 30 MBS with Cox, more than sufficient cable speed to access what we need quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
                I have noticed this for the last few weeks.
                It seems to be worse in the morning... I get a kick when I click on TODAY'S POSTS and see: Search Results:
                24 results in 0.0010 seconds. Then when I hit the little icon to go to the first unread message it's a 10 to 15 second wait. Twice this week, both times in the morning, I was unable to connect at all. Spence must be able to see those periods when there is no traffic to TBN.

Comment

I'm slow also. Login is slow and transitions are slow. Today I had to try 3 times to get a short post to accept. I got what appeared to be a java runtime error when trying to post. I did not save the error message. It worked fine on the third attempt. It looks to me like a host server issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbear View Post
                    I'm slow also. Login is slow and transitions are slow. Today I had to try 3 times to get a short post to accept. I got what appeared to be a java runtime error when trying to post. I did not save the error message. It worked fine on the third attempt. It looks to me like a host server issue.
                    All of that had you make an inadvertent duplicate post. I knew immediately that the site was causing the problem.

Comment

Any post that I'm making gets the "working" message a about a 8-9 second period before it posts. Thought it was my computer but as Spence asked, I delete any cookies etc. Still very slow.
                      Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
                      2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Originally posted by AZTB View Post
                        I can log in fine...it's the thread transitions that take a LONG time. We work at 30 MBS with Cox, more than sufficient cable speed to access what we need quickly.
                        Same here.

My fiber connection is 300 mbits upload and download.
                        I suspect the server, where TBN resides, is overloaded.

Why the 4 second search restriction?
                        I suspect we all should donate more to TBN in order to pay for a better TBN server speed level.
                        HKS

Or, all our posts are going to Moscow first, read by a Bolshevik, and rerouted back to TBN in USA.
                        2002 Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
                        2015 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0T 240HP, 270FP Torque
                        http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...8&username=hks

Comment

Originally posted by HKS View Post
                          Or, all our posts are going to Moscow first, read by a Bolshevik, and rerouted back to TBN in USA.
                          You may be on to something...

Comment

The issue is not with the local providers, I've had the TBN slowness on Comcast, AT&T, Spectrum, etc. in multiple states/cities and on different devices (computers, phones, etc.) It seemed like it had gotten better and as has been mentioned seems to be slower this past week. My guess it's something on the server/software side as they delay seems to be when going to other pages and not when accessing the site initially so probably not connectivity or the hosting company.

Comment

Originally posted by AZTB View Post

You may be on to something...
                              Interestingly enough, when I ran the route, it looked like it went to Germany and then to California where it is hosted:

https://www.monitis.com/traceroute/

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

Interestingly enough, when I ran the route, it looked like it went to Germany and then to California where it is hosted:

https://www.monitis.com/traceroute/
                                Sure enough someone hijacked the host server.

Thanks Brad
                                2002 Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
                                2015 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0T 240HP, 270FP Torque
                                http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...8&username=hks

Comment

Working...
                                X