• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mod vs. No Mod poll

I added the hardtop trim to stop the rattle

Comment

The only one I have seen that I like is the chrome hood bezel so maybe some day...for now I love it as is.

Comment

John (Hailbird) I will take some pics and post them this weekend after I get her cleaned up from last weekends trip. I'm not crazy about vacuuming in 102 degree temps so was saving it for Sat or Sun morning while I still had shade.

Comment

whitewall tires

Comment

Added mod. hood bezel, door sill ss strips, hard top strips for top to sit on, T-bird lic. plate, Lug. rack, front lebra when on the road, and mirrow covers.... Have not change the looks much but all nice apperal on the Bird...
            sigpic

Comment

I would not change a thing I think it would ruin the resale.
              I did add the hardtop trim to stop some of the noise. Sometimes I see the add ons and they look great but I will remain firm.

Comment

Originally posted by phil View Post
                I would not change a thing I think it would ruin the resale.
                I did add the hardtop trim to stop some of the noise. Sometimes I see the add ons and they look great but I will remain firm.
                I couldn't agree with you more! My concern is ruining the integrity of the original design. Mays and other professional designers at Ford worked tirelessly on the concept for the car. They got it right. Any attempt to second guess the result is a disservice.

Comment

At some point will likely add some mods. I can't think of any that couldn't be reverted back to original. Way down the road I don't eapect my PCR to be anything more than a "NICE OLD CAR"

Comment

My Bird already had a few mod's when I purchased from Daktari. It had KKM cool air filter and exhaust tips, both of which I like. I have ordered some hardtop trim from TBC, should have it in a few days. I got it because I can see some wear on the paint caused from the hardtop, plus I think it looks kool.

Comment

• Re: Mod vs. No Mod poll

did you get wide or regular hard top trim .. jeez, I can't make up my mind and I don't think I want to go the full tub routine .. do I?

Comment

I ordered the wide, it's 3/4 inch and should cover the wear on my paint.

Comment

• Re: Mod vs. No Mod pole

Originally posted by mctbird02 View Post
                          I thought the original was a beauty - or I would not have wanted to buy one. With that said, my TBird is now truly mine. She is the way I would have bought her! Ford did a great job - but to me, they did not do a magnificent job. I also wish her hardtop was retractable. I love my Baby, and she's mine, she turns heads, and she is definitely not for sale!

McTBird02

Comment

my feelings 100% the only thing I added was the hardtop protection molding to prevent scratching

Comment

Going to apply the standard stainless protetion undr the top, "chrome" to the tailights and V8 emblems this week when they arrive. Then the hard top goes on for the winter. We drove the car to Va Beach today with the top down. Great day. The more I drive this car, the more I appreciate what it is.

Comment

I finally got a chance to take some pics of the custom seat covers and the laser cut mats.

The leopard print thingie on the console is a dog toy I found at the dollar store. I use it to pad between my knee and the door panel; my knee was rubbing on the speaker cover and I was starting to get a callous. It also comes in handy when someone parks too close to me and I am worried I might tap the other car with my door. I put it between the edge of my door and the other car and get out.

I still need to get with the lady that made the seat covers and see about opening them up on the side for the air bags. She had never done a Thunderbird before and used my description over the phone and then made modifications when I got there to make them fit so well, she probably didn't know about the airbags and I didn't either.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X