Mod vs. No Mod poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mod vs. No Mod poll

If I mount a hardtop that was not ordered on my car (but I did pick up at the factory and was installed there) would that be considered a mod?

Comment

Only your window sticker would know.

(unless you went for some odd color to go with your red)
      Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

I consider a mod to be something you have changed on the car that indicates it is not the way a new Bird looked when coming off the assembly line.

Comment

The hardtop protection came the day before Easter when all 4 children were home. They stole the box, wrapped it and said do not open 'til Father's day. Can that be considered a mod? Will do hood scoop and shorter headlight trim if it becomes available. July b-day just around the corner.
          Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
          2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Originally posted by wcoates View Post
            The hardtop protection came the day before Easter when all 4 children were home. They stole the box, wrapped it and said do not open 'til Father's day. Can that be considered a mod? Will do hood scoop and shorter headlight trim if it becomes available. July b-day just around the corner.
            How many mods are too many! Sure was an interesting Father's day and B-day this year as the kids bought and installed the chrome hood scoop, the short headlight covers, top protection strip and the dash kit. They want to know what's for Christmas! Son found taillight chrome covers and wants the ok for 12-25. I'm thinking there is a stopping point I don't want to cross. Thoughts!
            2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Bill, It's your car so do what YOU like. There are a lot of these things people put on their car that I don't like but like I said, it's their car. I have done a few things that I'm sure others don't like but I don't care, it's my car.
              They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
              IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
              Visit the TBN Store

Comment

How many mods are too many! ................ I'm thinking there is a stopping point I don't want to cross. Thoughts!
                Bill,
                This is a controversial topic. I've gotten some bad responses to my opinion, but if you want it, I would be glad to give it to you. As a long-time "car guy"/"car enthusiast" who has owned a lot of different cars both foreign and domestic that included European, Asian , American classics, sports, grand touring, etc., I have some ideas about mods, and it would not hurt my feelings if you did not want to use or agree with them. Just PM me, and I will tell you what I think. It is your car do so I really think you should do what appeals to you, but since you are asking about what is "too many" or maybe you want to know what in my opinion is over the top. I would be glad to share my ideas.
                sigpic
                2010 Jaguar XK coupe
                1995 Lexus SC300 (aka Toyota Soarer)
                1985 Honda Nighhawk "S"
                2013 Lexus RX350 - wife's
                2013 Mercedes E-350 coupe

Comment

Originally posted by V8 Cat View Post
                  Bill,
                  This is a controversial topic. Just PM me, and I will tell you what I think. ..... since you are asking about what is "too many" or maybe you want to know what in my opinion is over the top. I would be glad to share my ideas.
                  PM sent!

Comment

I'm thinking there is a stopping point I don't want to cross. Thoughts!
                    I agree that there is a point, but only you can determine it. Some mods look better with certain colors than others.

Comment

After the ww's, porthole decals, chrome hood bezel, stainless strip under the top, and stickers on the visors, the only two mods that I still have in the back of my mind to add are the chrome rocker panels and the dash treatment.

I figure the panels would set off the black paint.

Unfortunately, the guys that I knew that owned an auto repair garage, and would allow me to put the car on a lift and do the panels right, have closed shop.

As for the dash, procrastination, plain and simple.
                      2010 Explorer Limited Edition, tri color white, camel interior
                      2003 TBird black/saddle
                      1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL conv't turq/black
                      2004 Lincoln LS 8 Sport light tundra metallic/medium stone

Comment

Bottom line, do whatever you want to your car and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

Like Tug McGraw (former MLB pitcher) once said: "Ten million years from now, when then sun burns out and the Earth is just a frozen ice ball hurtling through space, nobody's going to care whether or not I got this guy out."

If, and that's a big IF, these cars become collector cars in the future, none of us will be alive to see it, so I say enjoy your car while you can in whatever way makes you happy. Mod it, don't mod it, drive it or don't drive it, but do what gives you the most pleasure. Don't worry about what others think. There's not a person on this forum who knows what the future holds, so don't let them try and tell you they do. I've done extensive mods to my car and I drive it, others have kept their cars stock and hardly ever drive it........and there's every combination in between.

No way is right and no way is wrong. The only wrong way is to not enjoy it. Life's too short to do otherwise.

Comment

Well let's see..since my 03 is black chrome was added. About everything TC had to offer. Then K&N filter, SCT 3015 program, removed (and saved) rear mufflers and in line too. Put on flowmaster at the rear. 'Limited Edition' emblem below V8 . Now where can I get T-bird valve caps?

Comment

I got mine from "doubustu" Mike in Las Vegas. Not sure if it was extra's that he had or where he got them?
                            Roger & Sharon Q
                            sigpic

Comment

Found em on EBAY. Any Minnesota get-to-gethers for retro fans?

Comment

If you happen to be looking for Special Edition sterling silver Thunderbird valve caps, Bunny Lou has an excellent private source in Tennessee. He can pick them up for a very reasonable price or perhaps DavidA could send them to you direct.

tbn

Comment

Working...
                                X