• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOP ON TOP OFF

The last choice of the poll is backwards:

say heck with & leave it on

should be:

say heck with & leave it OFF

If I put the top on, within a week the weather is so nice that I start to feel trapped until I can get help taking it off again. It was 74 and sunshine yesterday, top down for sure.

~Jimmy
    ~Jimmy
    Native Texan
    sigpic

Comment

I have not taken the top off the Tbird since I purchased the car in August 2005. I am not looking forward to doing it after reading all the horror stories about how difficult it is to put the top back on. Maybe one day!
      Wiseowl2you

Comment

Originally posted by TBurd42
        I have not taken the top off the Tbird since I purchased the car in August 2005. I am not looking forward to doing it after reading all the horror stories about how difficult it is to put the top back on. Maybe one day!
        Take it off ... you just don't know what your missing... and it will give you a chance to check for moisture on the soft top and paint status under the top seal... but more important... its a totally different car with the top down.. Just takes two people to lift it up and place it in its stand...
        Jim
        Jim Young
        jyoung@sc.rr.com
        www.jimyo.com
        www.youtube.com/jimyo01

Comment

Jim, you are right we put the hard top on 2 weeks ago for the first time it is a different feel, can't wait for Spring.

Comment

,,,,TBurd42....Don't short change yourself.....you are missing half of the T-Bird experience.....Top removal is not bad at all specially after doing it a few times....and as an extra precaution, I cover the rear deck, so if there is a problem walking the top off....no worries....Top down is great!.....

Comment

"THE wife" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Benischek
                "THE wife" ?
                ok.. significant other..:)
                Jim
                Jim Young
                jyoung@sc.rr.com
                www.jimyo.com
                www.youtube.com/jimyo01

Comment

I was late putting the top on this year. It has become a garage queen and there was no rush. I installed the Vinca-Shield strips last month and put the top on. I will probably not take it off until we leave for the FFF show in Southern California in April.

Red Bird Dave

Comment

Top has been on sice New Years but comes off for tomorrow,finally getting some decent weather.

Comment

I read all the manual and the DVD on taking it off and the wife and I figured we could do it.

We lift up and are walking to the back of the car and the wife says she can't hold it. I had put a cover on the trunk, but Murphy's Law kick in and she has knocked the cover off her side. So it slips the locking pin on her side hits the paint. Oh the pain and the paint!!!

The wife feels bad is crying and I feel bad for her. So putting it back on this fall I get the daughter's boy friend a strong 23 year old and all goes well this time.

Such is life. Lesson learned and it has become a good family story.
                      GrayGator72
                      Sun of Orange
                      Sky of Blue
                      God must be a Gator too!!

Comment

Top removal is a day of celebration in our house. It is like beginning the rites of spring.

CaptainKen did not trust me from day one to help put the top on or take it off. That is what sons are for. I kinda like it that way. It's like mowing the grass.............................if you have never started up a mower, then you will never have to mow the grass.

Works for me.

Comment

I think mine'll stay on til mid march or so. Since the end of November, this'll be the longest it's ever been on. Sure get a lot of gawkers yet because of those portholes......
                          TFORTWO

Comment

Top has been on the stand since December 04 when I finished the garage. I prefer the soft top so I can drop the top on those warm winter days in Alabama. Nasty weather I drive the Grand Cherokee anyway.

Comment

Our hardtop goes on in October and doesn't come off until the first week of May. We can't wait. If we can't put the top down the hardtop stays on Boohoo! Boohoo! Boohoo!

Comment

Top OFF.....Always now. We live in Texas and the first winter my husband and I we put the top on ourselves about mid November..after about a week I wished it was off. If the sun is shinning and it is over 50 degrees my top is down.

Comment

Working...
                                X