What Retro Colors do you like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Retro Colors do you like...

John...thanks to your keen eBay eye, I have my copper. Had to wait an extra year to get my coral.

Comment

...and remember Gene, when she's ready to retire, I know a good place in Alabama that she'll be welcome. :-)
      DaveR (as seen on survelance TV)

Comment

I'll keep you in mind if that day comes. I know it would be in good hands. My wife would like to see it go, but I love the way it rides.

Comment

There's another color besides Merlot? Sheesh, when did that happen?

If any other color, stay in the Ford family with Autumn Orange (also known as Bright Amber). I think it's been retired, but it's a great color.
          sigpic

Comment

Since some are showing colors that was not made on our Birds and with some of the new colors and types of paint now out there. I think it would be cool to drive around in a Blue Black color that changes with lighting and the angle you look at it...

Last edited by Treken; Apr 24, 2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I agree with the poll result. Merlot was also one of my favorite color.

Comment

Originally posted by Treken View Post
                Since some are showing colors that was not made on our Birds and with some of the new colors and types of paint now out there. I think it would be cool to drive around in a Blue Black color that changes with lighting and the angle you look at it...

When I went to Wixom in 05 to see the Cashmere come off the line I fell in love with the Steel Blue. It would be my first choice today.

I like your idea of the blue black is a real nice choice Steve.
                It kind of puts me to mind of my other -Bird which looks very similar to the paint in your illustration in certain lighting conditions. (Very metallic)

Gord
                Attached Files

Drive it like you stole it !!!

Comment

They are ALL wonderful! good news..Black Beauty started right up! And per you all, I did NOT touch the gas! The silver and bronze seem the weaker colors....not many voting...
                  Last edited by BLACK BEAUTY; Apr 25, 2014, 06:21 PM. Reason: new development

Comment

Originally posted by Sealy View Post
                    There's another color besides Merlot? Sheesh, when did that happen?
                    Is "bruise" a color?

I'M JUST KIDDING!

Comment

Looks like we have a real horse race, or should I say, 'Bird Race' here.

Merlot currently in the lead with Thunderbird Blue close behind ...

Comment

Multiple choice seems to change things abit, I know this is not a new poll, but kind of like I said, pick three choices, and so far, after you pick your own choice of color and bought already, and choose another 2 colors, like most did here, and with 115 votes in on multiple choice.

Here is some stats of the colors with the most choice of colors...

COLOR________Production____Poll Ratings

MERLOT_______________3991 [5%]___________ 36%
                        TBird Blue_____________7406 [10%]__________ 29%
                        Very Mint Green_________612 [1%]___________ 24%

007 Coral______________700 [1%]___________ 22%
                        Pacific Coast Roadster___1000 [1%]___________ 21%
                        Torch Red____________14349 [21%]__________ 21%
                        Desert Sky Blue_________612 [1%]___________ 17%

What surprises me more is...

Evening Black________15287 [22%]__________15%

Not counting the 200 Neiman Marcus Edition...

Neiman Marcus Edition__200 [<1%]__________10%

Better yet... Look at the three up there with 24%, 22%, 21% and 17% with 1% of Production amounts...

Very Mint Green, 007 Coral, Pacific Coast Roadster and Desert Sky Blue...

Torch Red is the only one in the top 7 that was offered more than one year and was also offered every year and is in 6th place...

This poll kind of shows if we had to pick another color for our Bird... It would be MERLOT...
                        Last edited by Treken; Apr 28, 2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

You may want to check the results that I found on this poll on the thread above this, Not really anything new but some interesting stats when making this a multiple choice question...

Comment

Interesting poll, fun to see what choices we made. I love the fact that our Cashmere is good color for not showing dirt. My emotional second choice would be Merlot, although harder to keep looking spotless. It's beautiful and especially so with a similar color soft top.

Comment

The really interesting fact is that Torch Red owners are loyal to their color.
                              sigpic

Comment

Where is Platinum Silver ?

Comment

Working...
                                X