New Poll Re: Mods or No Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Poll Re: Mods or No Mods

[QUOTE=SixPac;587186] Greg, when you read a thread it goes in one ear and out the other. Again you have made a post that says "Charlie" made a statement in another thread (membership) that says "Who Cares".

I made no such statement. If you don't go back and edit the above post I will.[/QUOTE

I think Greg was on his first cup of java! It was Spence that made the "who cares" comment in the "TBN MEMBERSHIP" thread..

Comment

I need a lot more categories to cover all my mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        I need a lot more categories to cover all my mods.
        Then just need to add one more box. It will read 'Ray, check here.'
        Bird is the word.....
        Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

"Audio only"?
          I'm checking that, even though I'm also checking all the others. None of them said "only".
          I think the only things left pure stock on mine are trunk lid and steering wheel.
          - Ted
          Titusville, Florida
          We're all Bozos on this bus.

Comment

There should be a separate category for one-off grille mods just for you Ted!

Comment

I voted but forgot my rims how do I add them LOL

Comment

No exterior mods. Interior I do have visor and headrest covers.
                R.
                Be who you are... and say what you feel...Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss
                Through and through G.R.I.T.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweet-T View Post
                  I voted but forgot my rims how do I add them LOL
                  Might I suggest a tire iron and a jack?

Drive it like you stole it !!!

Comment

Same as the other pole - do Neiman Marcus Wheels on something other than a Neiman Marcus or 007 count for "Body Kits - Skirts - Wheels"?

Does having your windshield wipers and rocker panels chromed count for "Stripes and/or Plastic chrome decorative pieces"? The rocker panels do not have the "stick on" chrome covers, the rocker panels themselves were removed and chrome plated.

Comment

We added an automatic day/night rear view mirror with compass. Also, added the chrome hood scoop and sirius sat which was a ford option.
                      Gary Dawson
                      Hamilton, GA
                      Merlot Thunderbird

Comment

Last edited by SilverWing; Jun 15, 2015, 10:17 PM.

Comment

What about deer whistles? "Audio only," right? ---Will

Comment

Looks like about 80% of the voters have added or modified something. As usual, in the future it will be hard to find a untouched retro, and they will bring the top dollar. Just my opinion.

\ \ \ \ \_______________________

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                              Looks like about 80% of the voters have added or modified something. As usual, in the future it will be hard to find a untouched retro, and they will bring the top dollar. Just my opinion.

\ \ \ \ \_______________________
                              I don't know how far or near in the future it will be but whoever gets mine will get one 100% mod free.

Comment

While it's true that according to this poll, around 80% have added some mods, many of those mods are reversible including wheels, exhaust (at least the bolt-on cat back systems), air intakes, etc. 'Stick on' mods can also be removed with virtually no evidence they were ever installed.

Other 'mods' like hard tonneau covers, custom floor or trunk mats, and wind blockers, aren't really even 'installations.' They can be put on or taken off with no evidence they were even used.

Only a fraction of the mods result in any permanent, irreversible change to the car itself. And even those, like Ray's hood scoop mod or Ted's one-off custom grille, could be 'restored,' with little if any evidence they were ever done.

When values for 'un-modded' Retros increase, a lot of the 'stick on' stuff may be coming off.

Comment

Working...
                                X