Sad News - Loss of an Original TBN Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sad News - Loss of an Original TBN Member

Geri and I are shocked and sadden by this horrible news. Met Gary and B.J. at 3 or 4 events and a nicer couple you've never met. Prayers for B.J. in this terribly sad time. Still hasn't hit to the point of being able to accept that this isn't a bad dream.
    Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
    2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

I did not know a Gary or had the pleasure of meeting him or his family. But from the comments in these posts, I am certain he will be missed as a true member of the TBN family.
      Pensacola, FL
      02 Whisper White

Comment

Paul, thanks so much for the info. I'm shocked, as I know everyone else is. I haven't spent nearly as much time with Gary as some of you have, but the few times I saw him were always fun and enjoyable. I know he and I had a similar love for animals, so I greatly appreciate the suggestion of an appropriate animal charity for a donation in his memory.

Comment

Yes indeed, Gary will be greatly missed, he was a real good guy. He was one of TBN's most respected members.
          Quickdraw
          Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

BJ, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this very sad time.

R.I.P. Gary.

Charlie and Margaret

Comment

We're saddened to hear this terrible news. RIP Gary, you were a great TBNer and an even better person. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gary's family and friends. Phil & Judy
              PK- 2002 Premium Blue/Full Accent/Whisper White Top VIN#16336
              Built April 22, 2002
              Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

Barb and I are shocked and saddened to hear this news. I have known Gary through the TBN site and several earlier TBN events, but, ironically spent the most time with him and got to know him better just this past Fall at DC Thunder. He certainly was one of the good guys. I know he will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to BJ and their family.
                sigpic
                Skip
                2002 Ford Thunderbird Premium, Torch Red with Full Accent Red Interior
                2013 Ford Escape SEL (Ecoboost), Frosted Glass
                2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport, Ruby Red Metallic

Comment

Gary and I had been talking for several years about the new sport racing facility being built in New Orleans and he was really looking forward to checking it out next October. Gary was such a positive, upbeat, enthusiastic guy. We are all going to miss him.

Comment

Wow what a great loss to all of us and I am sure even more to BJ and family. Our prayers and thought go out to the family. I met Gary at the Chattanooga event and was in his group for the travel to and from the attractions. What a great leader he was and he started right away encouraging me to do an event in East Tennessee. By 2011 he had convinced me to do an event, Birds at Borla. His plan to attend was bringing Bill Green in his car and let Bill drive my Vintage Mint Green. It turned out his car had a concern and he came in Bill's car. Of course I kidded him that he just wanted to drive the VMG and boy did he every drive it on the Snake. He told me it really drove better than his EB. I was told he drove it like a rented car, but that was fine with me, at least he would have put the top up if it rained. I thank BJ for sharing Gary with us, he was so much help in all things.
                    02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                    02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                    03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                    03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                    04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                    04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                    04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
                    04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                    05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                    05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                    05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                    - 48&DC

Comment

We were shocked and saddened to hear of this great loss. Gary always had a smile and a kind word for everyone. He will be greatly missed! BJ and the family will be in our thoughts and prayers. We hate it that we can't come to the service but Ray & I both are on medication for bronchitis and don't want to spread it to everyone else. Give BJ abig hug for us.
                      Ray & Sharon

Comment

What a shock.There are no nicer people in this world than BJ and Gary. They were the first people I met at my first event, Thunder Fever in Johnson City and they made me feel like I had known them forever. My thoughts and prayers are with BJ and her family.
                        trpar
                        2003/Torch Red/Torch Red/Black Ink

Comment

What a shock! Gary will be missed by all. Over the years Louise and I enjoyed Garys' fun and friendship at TBN events.
                          Our thoughts and prayers go out to BJ and family. Gary R.I.P.

Comment

I too am shocked to hear this, I was always happy to see Gary at the events over the last 10 years. In South Dakota, Gary loaned me his Thunderbird so that I could fit in to the group. My wife had insisted on using our Subaru Forester for this trip and Gary doubled up with Bill Green to make this possible. That is just how generous a man he was. As I wear the 50th Anniversary Jacket which he donated to TBN and I bid on, I will think of him. It is a big loss and shock to all who knew Gary Himes.
                            sigpic

Comment

This news was such a tremendous shock. Gary touched the lives of so many and was such a good friend to all. He always had a smile and lots of good laughs. R.I.P. my friend, you will be greatly missed. My heartfelt prayers and thoughts are with BJ and the family.
                              "It's not ALL about the cars.
                              Its about the people who drive them." --Tom Aglio

Comment

We said our last goodbye to Gary and BJ when they left us in NC after DC Thunder. We hugged and each said we will see you next year my friend. We never know what the future holds. We make our little plans, but sometimes bigger plans overcome ours. BJ, you are still part of TBN and we love you too. Love you Gary. Sure will miss you. SKE
                                Steve&Donna

Comment

Working...
                                X