Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grits poll

Originally posted by BartMack
    Actually, I like grits :) It's corn, you know.
    Bacon, eggs, toast, grits & coffee.. that's a nice breakfast ;-D
    I did not know they were corn only heard of them being made from hominy.

Here is a website you grits lovers may want to take a look at.......

All you wanted to know about Grits

Comment

Grits are GREAT!!! Add a little butter and salt, like eating corn on the cob...and teeth are optional.
      Steve Legel
      http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...ad.php?t=15130

Comment

Grits are great, so is it's Mediterranean cousin Polenta. Also high on my list of corn and corn meal favorites is Hominy and Mush (fried). Naturally, just like potatoes, the more stuff you add, i.e., salt, butter, cheese, bacon, pepper, syrup, sugar, etc. the better the grits taste. WLW

Comment

Actually the only grits I half/way even endured was the stone-ground grits we tried up in the Georgia mountains where they grind them there. Brought some home since the kids liked them, cooked them according to the directions and they were still hard as could be. The reason we liked them at the Grinder was because they had been cooking all day in a slow cooker and were soft....

No where in the directions did it say to cook them to death............

Comment

Corn is supposed to be eaten on the cob or out of a can. Now ground into mush.
            They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
            IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
            Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Hominy grits!
              Yum!
              As for y'all voting Yuck, good! More for us!

Comment

You yankees don't know what you're missing. Grits,eggs scrambled w/salsa and bacon extra crispy.
                Bob S.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Thunder
                  Hominy grits!
                  Yum!
                  As for y'all voting Yuck, good! More for us!
                  Yeah! Tell it!

Cute website, Jeannie!

Comment

Grits....YUCK. See them all the time here in FL at breakfast. Some are served with "Bacon Grease" on them !!!!! Now that will slow up your blood flow.

I'll take "Scrapple" at breakfast anytime. Now that's some real "Yankee" food.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead99
                      ...Some are served with "Bacon Grease" on them !!!!! Now that will slow up your blood flow.
                      Slow? No! Greasing up those blood cells and blood vessels like that will make the blood move faster!
                      Kevin - Lincoln, NE
                      2005 Evening Black Premium, Black Hardtop, Black Accent.
                      Plus: White Hardtop, Chrome Hood Scoop Bezel, Borlas, and more.

Also posts as BirdWingsToo (admin account) and atest (test account)

Comment

Originally posted by SR-71
                        Slow? No! Greasing up those blood cells and blood vessels like that will make the blood move faster!
                        I just figure that if I can keep my blood thin, with enough scotch, it will still be able to get through the clogs.
                        sigpic

“THE EDGE,
                        there is no honest way to explain it
                        because the only people who really know where it is
                        are the ones who have gone over.”

Comment

Excellent point John. I may have to test that theory myself. And even if it's not true, I won't care as much!
                          Kevin - Lincoln, NE
                          2005 Evening Black Premium, Black Hardtop, Black Accent.
                          Plus: White Hardtop, Chrome Hood Scoop Bezel, Borlas, and more.

Also posts as BirdWingsToo (admin account) and atest (test account)

Comment

Drink lots and lots of . Keeps the blood thin and flushes out the whole system. They said that I wouldn't make it this long without another by-pass, well, I think the helped a lot there to keep me going for 9 years now. It couldn't be all those drugs they have me on.
                            They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
                            IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                            Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Thats It! ....another "gypsy Member" Into Drugs....rico Investigation On All Of Us....i Can Smell It!!

Comment

I'm kinda like LuvHisBird--I have only had grits a few times that I liked them. Usually a lot of melted butter on the ones that I liked. Since I moved to California 30+ years ago, I don't have to worry about them. On the other hand, it is rare that one can get good Key Lime Pie out here, tho!

Strictly speaking, I think grits are made from hominy not corn. Hominy kernals are shaped like corn kernals, but are white and bigger. I am not sure if they come on a cob like corn since I have never seen how they grow.
                                Frank
                                FEs Tbird
                                03 Whisper White, White Top, White Partial Accent, Chrome Hood Bezel, Porthole Emblem Decals, Visor Emblem Decals, Tbird Floormats, TBN Grill Badge

Comment

Working...
                                X