Future Value of Retrobirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Value of Retrobirds

It's not really on the market Ron. I think the 'California Custom' package is far too radical for the average buyer, and I doubt I could get enough for it to make it worth my while to sell. And what would I replace it with. If I did sell, I'd probably buy another Retro. NMs are scarce and the few that become available are priced at the higher end of the ranger for Retros.

Comment

edit

Comment

In looking at the history of cars over a long stretch many things stick out but the only one mentioned here was pristine cars going up. There are many cars that were as common a door knobs that bring way more than what they cost new. What is rising like steam is the cost of restoring. What ever demand there may be will likely surpass availability. Buying a car for near nothing and rebuilding it will not be very attractive. While I doubt many will reach their new price even well cared for and well driven ones will be hard to come buy.
        I too have Grand kids who think jeeps are cool, but what I thought was cool as a teenager isn't so cool to me now, and they all don't think it's jeeps My grand daughter can't wait to get the T Bird

Comment

I still think we are at or near bottom and considering the horrible economy over 6 years along with the energy panic we have been in unfamiliar territory. If we continue with lower gas and a return to better jobs we will see the attitudes change drastically. We are near $2.00 a gallon and dropping. If that holds you will see a whole new market for many things.

Comment

Value in 10 years? How about 40 or 50 years!!!?

Comment

Someone could start a poll on that Allen, but considering that most if not all TBN members will be long gone in 40-50 years, I don't think they'll care.

Several have indicated that they don't care what Retros are worth in ten years.

I think anyone who is interested in Retro values 40-50 years from now would have to agree they'll be higher than today. Then again there are probably some who think Retros will have no collector appeal and won't be worth any more even then.

Comment

None of this makes any difference one way or the other. I will be what it will be and only time will tell. If anyone here can guess the future, they would be very very rich, and the future value of the retro bird won't matter a hoot.
                Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

Originally posted by LA PHIL View Post
                  Then again there are probably some who think Retros will have no collector appeal and won't be worth any more even then.
                  I know at least one member who believes that.
                  Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
                  2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Originally posted by wcoates View Post
                    I know at least one member who believes that.
                    Make that 2.
                    2010 Explorer Limited Edition, tri color white, camel interior
                    2003 TBird black/saddle
                    1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL conv't turq/black
                    2004 Lincoln LS 8 Sport light tundra metallic/medium stone

Comment

Three....
                      Quickdraw
                      Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

Really guys? 50 years from now, still not worth any more than they are today?

To quote John McEnroe, "You can't be serious!"

Comment

LA PHIL, you should be as bullish on the US Stock Market as you are with the Retro Thunderbird!
                          PK- 2002 Premium Blue/Full Accent/Whisper White Top VIN#16336
                          Built April 22, 2002
                          Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

You're right Phil! A new record set today for the Dow. Over 18,000.

Contrary to some of my posts, I still hold primarily long positions.

40-50 years would be a LONG time to wait for a big payday on the Retro.

Comment

I look at it this way. I figure my car's value, even though it's in perfect condition, is dropping about 1K a year since I bought it about 8 years ago. So figuring that way, my car would be worth 18K today. Could I get that much today, who knows, who cares. It's cheaper to keep her, as they say. I've got ESP on her till 68K or 2019 and it only costs about $250 a year for full coverage insurance on her. So between now and 2019, I'll just let it ride and rethink things when I'm 75. Maybe it will be worth about 13K then?

\ \ \ \ \_______________________________

Comment

Originally posted by LA PHIL View Post
                                You're right Phil! A new record set today for the Dow. Over 18,000.

Contrary to some of my posts, I still hold primarily long positions.

40-50 years would be a LONG time to wait for a big payday on the Retro.

Then all the talk about a stock market collapse was just to stir up crap?
                                Quickdraw
                                Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

Working...
                                X