National Parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Parks

Of the 59 full blown National Parks, how many have you been to?

Seems I've been to 35 of them, virtually all with fellow TBN members. We've also been to dozens of national monuments, historic sites, battlefield parks, military parks, lakeshores, seashores and recreation areas.

To help you remember which ones you have been to, you can take the National Park survey here:

http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-...htmlstory.html

They forgot to list Great Falls National Park along the Potomac River. A bunch of us visited it during DC THUNDER and BEYOND. That bumps me to 36.
    Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Nov 2, 2016, 08:37 PM.
    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Re: National Parks

You have been to 20 parks!

That's quite impressive, but you're still just a junior park ranger.

That is the message I got ^

HKS
    2002 TB Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
    2021 Explorer XLT Sport 2.3L 300HP/310FP color RollingThunder
    2015 Passat SE TDI 150HP/236FP (40MpgCity47MpgHW) 720MR
    26Mpg in traffic jam. Skill required to get 40+mpg in town.

Comment

I've been to 33. Maybe I can work some more in the attempt to visit the rest of 48 states next year. It would be worth the effort.

Comment

I used to work for a guy who was divorced and had his sons for two weeks every year. The three of them visited every park over a span of several years.
        PK- 2002 Premium Blue/Full Accent/Whisper White Top VIN#16336
        Built April 22, 2002
        Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

I came up with 28 + the one not listed as Paul said. So a total of 29
          If I add the White House the Number goes up to 30
          Last edited by 15AGAIN; Jan 25, 2017, 12:57 PM.
          Birds of the 48
          15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

I need to get out more - only got 13. Only 10 more years until retirement............

Comment

If you have amazon prime you can watch the program from PBS on the National Parks. Just loaded it in my to watch list.
              They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
              IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
              Visit the TBN Store

Comment

David and I have been to 38 of the 59 parks plus many more national monuments, historic sites, battlefield parks, military parks, lakeshores, seashores and recreation areas as Paul said. Since we too were on the DC trip, we can add Great Falls National Park along the Potomac River which gives us 39 National Parks!!
                Looking for a customized embroidery item for that someone special? Contact me for more information.

Comment

Add this one: I didn't realize this was a National Park.

Every day, tourists flock to the gates of the White House to admire the verdant, impeccably groomed grounds. But they may be unaware that the house and grounds, collectively known as President's Park, is designated as one of 59 U.S. National Parks. President's Park, spanning 18 acres, is immaculately maintained by 13 staff members, among them eight gardeners and a chief horticulturist.
                  Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

George & I have visited 32 of them over the years, some several times. Nice list.Some we have drove by but never visited. Will have to do that sometime.
                    Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

Today we're going to a National Parks & Monuments of Southwest Arizona Bioblitz! Like Saguaro National Park, Tumacacori National Historic Park to name some....2 hour presentation

Comment

Working...
                      X