thunderbirdnest.com - Thunderbird Forums  
Welcome to Thunderbirdnest.com! TBN is the web's best site for enthusiasts of 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 Ford Thunderbirds (retrobirds). Discussion forums, technical forums, production data, live chat, photo galleries, modifications, performance enhancements, accessories and more. Join the Retro T-Bird fun today!

Go Back   thunderbirdnest.com - Thunderbird Forums > T-Bird Groups and Chapters > Columbia Basin Thunderbirds

Columbia Basin Thunderbirds Washington State Area Thunderbirds

Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:57 PM   #1
steelblue5505
"A Smile In Every Mile"

Hello To All T-Bird Owners In the Columbia Basin of Washington St.

Hello to Washington State's Columbia Basin Thunderbirds.
We tazwing48, dvhbird, philstbirdhaven and myself steelblue5505 have started a chapter of TBN here in the Columbia Basin. Since we just this week put it all together not much has been planned, but watch for more to come.

If you are a T-Bird enthusiast, live any where near the Columbia Basin of Washington State and want to join-in let us know.

Looking forward to meeting up with you.

"A Smile In Every Mile"
steelblue5505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:22 PM   #2
olivesanas

Re: Hello To All T-Bird Owners In the Columbia Basin of Washington St.

Mike,
Might be interested in joining your new club. I'm in Lewiston, Idaho. Tell me how.
dlantz@cableone.net

Dan Lantz
olivesanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:14 PM   #3
steelblue5505
"A Smile In Every Mile"

Hello Dan Good to hear from more owners who live in the Inland Empire. First let me say we are not a club, just a group of owners who have tried to put together some cruises around the Pacific Northwest. Some were one day runs and some took the better part of a weekend. Not much has happened yet this year as it is a little to early. The best person to get in-touch with would be tazwing48 here on TBN. He is a very active Show-N-Shine car fan. And probably already has a calendar of events planned.

Alittle closer to home for you is a great T-Bird club in Spokane. Here is some contact info for you.
Barry W Iverson
Inland Northwest Thunderbird Club
bigred65tbird.iverson@comcast.net
6811 N. Greenwood Blvd.
Spokane Wa. 99208
509-999-9145

"A Smile In Every Mile"
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:11 AM   #4
millret

Hi,

I am a new owner of a 2002 Tbird and live in Port Orchard, Washington and would like to hear more about your chapter.

millret
millret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:35 AM   #5
tazwing48

Icon14 Re: Hello To All T-Bird Owners In the Columbia Basin of Washington St.

Millret post a thread on the Pacific Northwest Thunderbird Group site. They are out of western Washington. They do some interesting cruises over there. The Columbia Basin Thunderbird group is based around the Pasco-Kennewick- Richland area. We would love to have you come over here for some cruises when we get some planed.

Tazwing48
tazwing48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2014, 03:02 PM   #6
tuggler13

We also would be interested in any get togethers in the Basin. We are located in Wenatchee, just up the road.
tuggler13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2014, 04:45 PM   #7
PCR 863
bob

Mike ,
We are with you all the way. Would love to see your area and all the Pacific North West, I should be able to get some of my Canadian friends interested.

Bob

PCR 863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2015, 04:44 PM   #8
IdahoBob

Hey, CBW Thunderbirds, are you still a "group"? I am currently dickering for a beautiful red 2003 in the Tri-Cities and I wouldn't be surprised if some of you may be familiar with the car. If so, and you would be wiling to talk about it, please let me know.

Thanks!

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2015, 07:22 PM   #9
steelblue5505
"A Smile In Every Mile"

To my knowledge none of the owners listed in post one still own a Retro Bird, just me.

Is the Retro you are interested in being sold privately or on a sales lot? If private which of the 3 cities?
If sales which sales lot?

Have seen a red 2003 running around town but do not know any owners.

"A Smile In Every Mile"
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:51 PM   #10
IdahoBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelblue5505 View Post
To my knowledge none of the owners listed in post one still own a Retro Bird, just me.
Is the Retro you are interested in being sold privately or on a sales lot? If private which of the 3 cities?
If sales which sales lot?
Have seen a red 2003 running around town but do not know any owners.
Thanks for your reply. This beast is being sold by West Coast Auto Dealers in Pasco. Per Carfax, this unit has been around the Tri-Cities since about 2011. Can you recommend a trustworthy and knowledgeable outfit in the area to do any repairs/service that it might need?

Thanks!

Bob
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:40 PM   #11
steelblue5505
"A Smile In Every Mile"

Hello Bob, In answer to your question about a knowledgeable & trustworthy service organization; no I can't and this is due to 2 reasons. First I am the only owner of my 05. It has had very little service problems other than a hesitant shifting between 2nd & 3rd & then between 1st & 2nd. The other reason is that since new the car has always been covered by Ford's ESP warranty meaning that the local Ford dealer, now Corwin Ford has been the only service provider the car has been to including oil changes.

I have had very good service from this dealer. I have never experienced having to take the car back for something they said they repaired but didn't. I've always been treated extremely well by everyone in the Service Dept. like a customer should be treated. There is one Service Advisor I have dealt with for years who appreciates the T-Bird & proud ownership. Should you take the car to them ask for Byron Coffelt. Here is his ext. 509 544-8000 ext 1512. Tell him Mike Schwartz & his 05 Bird suggested you call and speak to him.

Sorry I can't be of more help. My other vehicle is a 2015 Silverado PU & before that a 2011 PU so in recent years my vehicles have only been serviced by dealers.

I looked at West Coast Auto's site and watched their video of this car. I believe I have seen the car on the lot. It certainly looks very clean, but dealers can do that very well especially in the photos. If you do come to Tri-Cities to look at the car make them take the Hard Top off and raise the soft top. Make certain it latches and inspect the cloth top for damage. Make certain the rear glass is tight to the fabric all the way around. Our summer sun is tough on cloth tops look for fading and do run the top up & down a few times. See if you can learn if the car still has it original tires & battery & coolant. Even though the mileage is very low at 5K+ those items are 12 years old & need to be replaced.
And I think West Coast is asking way to much for this car. Auto prices here in the Tri-Cities are always very inflated due to the high salary ranges commanded by those who are involved in the Manhattan Project clean-up and the huge medical field that is here in the area. You should be able to get them to come down especially at this time of the year.

"A Smile In Every Mile"

Last edited by steelblue5505; Dec 20, 2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:47 AM   #12
IdahoBob

Mike,
Thank you for the very thorough and helpful reply! I now live in Pasco, forgot to change my info on the forum. Everything you said will be helpful to me. I am looking again at it today. I will try to get it into Corwin for a check out. I have checked the Kelly BB price, do you think that is a good ballpark number for the Tri-Cities? I have to figure out how to do a PM on TBN forum!
Again, thanks!!
Bob
Old Dec 22, 2015, 04:12 PM   #13
steelblue5505
"A Smile In Every Mile"

Bob, sent you a PM, hope you receive it.

"A Smile In Every Mile"
Old Dec 23, 2015, 09:51 AM   #14
IdahoBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelblue5505 View Post
Bob, sent you a PM, hope you receive it.
Thanks Mike. Genius that I am, I figured out the PM process and sent you one yesterday.

Bob