Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your favorite generation prior to 2002

64-66
    I had just finished high school and had bought my first new car. Later in May of 66 joined the Marine Corp and Married my sweetheart Blenda in December of 66.
    David

Comment

Guys
      I messed up. I thought you ment the generation in our lives that ment the most to us. The 55-57 Birds have always been my favorite. How ever I had a 78 that we really loved.

David

Comment

Originally posted by WVIncagold View Post
        I also am very fond of the bullet birds and glamour birds but the first are still the top of the list.
        I've never heard of these.. Does Dot have the pictures ot these different birds?

Comment

Hi Pink,
          here are two pics. I think they were called bullet Birds because of the nose shape. Looks like a bullet.
          The back light units looked like Jet-plane exhausts
          Those were the '61-'63 models
          Last edited by FritsB; Feb 27, 2011, 07:13 AM.
          Sometimes Birds travel far...
          Dutch T-Bird
          tbirdregistry.com No. 27947

Comment

I love them all but not the ones that look like regular cars so much.
            And Davidm, I, too, thought this was about generations of people as in "boomers", "the greatest gen", "gen x", "gen next", etc. I was all set to write a lovely tribute to my grandparents, whatever generation that was.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkilee View Post
              I've never heard of these.. Does Dot have the pictures ot these different birds?
              Pink, try this link for more info on the generations of the T-Birds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Thunderbird I'd have to go with the 55-57 as the best besides ours but I really do like the 64-66 Birds as well, especially the convertibles.
              21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Originally posted by Balzout View Post
                Although '57 bird is one of my favorites, I have to put my vote in for the 61-63 models, most notably the Sport Roadster model. I love the bullet-shaped nose and those big taillights.
                Ryan, just spotted this on e-Bay.
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW
                Dutch T-Bird

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post
                  ...but I really do like the 64-66 Birds as well, especially the convertibles.
                  Paul, check this one out. It's not long till Christmas
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW
                  Dutch T-Bird

Comment

For me, growing up in the 70's, I really fell in love with those super-long Thunderbird's from that era. It was my dream car at that time because I was just getting my drivers license in 1976. The Thunderbird that I remember most from as far back as I can remember and the one that probably left an impression with me the most was a 1966 Thunderbird Town Coupe that my Aunt had. It was new then and I was about 6 years old. I remember sitting down iside and looking around at one of the most beautiful interiors in a car! I can still remember that moment in time. The engine in my Aunt's Tbird caught on fire a few years later for unknown reasons and the car was totalled. I bought one almost exactly like it used and in good condition back in 1980 and drove it all the way through my college years. I sold it to a friend of mine who had just joined the Navy and moved (with the Tbird) to California. I never saw my friend again nor the car. One day I'll have another one from 1966 and 1976 and 2002!

Comment

My favaorites are of course the 55-57.

However, 61-64 created my admiration and true love of the car.

One of my very best friends ever was a guy who owned a 64. (We dated occasionally, but worked better as friends.) I went with him many times to look at cars for potential purchase. There may be a halo effect from us being together that transferred to the car. Whatever the reason the love of the car stuck with me and resulted in my attachment with all of you.

What could be better?
                      R.
                      Be who you are... and say what you feel...Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss
                      Through and through G.R.I.T.S.

Comment

Hey Frits they sure look like real beauties from the pictures & for my money were the best styles for Thunderbird aside from our retros. I owned a 63 & a 66 for awhile both were hard tops but always wanted a 63 Sports Roadster. Going to buy my lottery tickets for the Florida Lottery right now. Before I head to the store I have to do the Frits repair on that rag top pin again.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RareOldBird View Post
                          Going to buy my lottery tickets for the Florida Lottery right now. Before I head to the store I have to do the Frits repair on that rag top pin again.
                          Think I have a good idea what you will buy when the ticket hits the Jackpot So would I. Good luck on the lottery. Hope you win.
                          Dutch T-Bird

Comment

Hey Frits tell you what if I hit tonight I'll send you the 64.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RareOldBird View Post
                              Hey Frits tell you what if I hit tonight I'll send you the 64.
                              Ha, that would be something Mike. That's what I always do too. Last week I had a Belgium friend buy me tickets on the big EU Jackpot of 130 Million! Promised him 10% if I won and he did the same thing back. I did not win, but he did...$15. Got the price of my ticket back. It must work sometime
                              Dutch T-Bird

Comment

No question the 55-57 Birds are classics. When I was growing up (I was 6 when the 55 came out) I had a neighbor that had one and took me out for a ride in it. I was impressed. I never had a desire to own one though.

I really loved the 1976. I had brown one with brown top and interior. Very nice car. Drove very well just like a Mark which it really was with Ford emblems.

Comment

Working...
                                X