Hard Top on Hard Top Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hard Top on Hard Top Off

What's a hard top? only kidding topless is the way to go here,cool trade winds and lots of smiles.
    Aloha!

Comment

I get the most reactions when I'm driving topless.....

<icrackmeup>

Comment

Originally posted by pinkilee View Post
        I get the most reactions when I'm driving topless.....

<icrackmeup>
        Would that be coming or going ?

Comment

Post # 33 was posted Oct. 23rd and it is also showing up on "today's" posts. Perhaps I don't know if I am coming or going either as I don't remember doing it again. Maybe we are showing re-runs.

Comment

I have mentioned this previously. What happens is, somebody doesn't post, but answers the poll. the New Post Flag gets set.
            People defend it by saying that it encourages more people to participate in the poll by bringing it to the front more often........
            sigpic
            Invoice $38,457 - Sold new 9/15/2003
            One of twenty two built like this
            She was a good one. Sold 12/30/2014.
            Replaced with 2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe.
            A lot better car and even more exclusive, but doesn't have the Cachet the Thunderbird had. Adios, mi Amigo.

Comment

Every time I have won at various car shows it has been with the top on.

Comment

Probably meaningless to this poll, but my favorite configuration is with the HT on, then topless.....soft top up is the least attractive version, but even then it's a stunning auto to behold.

Comment

Get a lot of compliments with the top on, alot. I do get alot with the soft top down! With the soft top up -- still get compliments but not as much as first and second sentences.

Comment

Put the top on 15AGAIN yesterday for the winter, Love the look of the White top on the Red car.
                    Birds of the 48
                    15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

Since I don't even have a hardtop I can't say whether it would garner any additional praise. However I personally feel that the Black car with the Tan soft top is much more attractive with the top up than down. Others have also made that observation.
                      Cal
                      sigpic

Comment

I had not seen one like that (black/tan) so I checked it out in the gallery. That is a GREAT throwback design! Very 50s......
                        sigpic
                        Invoice $38,457 - Sold new 9/15/2003
                        One of twenty two built like this
                        She was a good one. Sold 12/30/2014.
                        Replaced with 2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe.
                        A lot better car and even more exclusive, but doesn't have the Cachet the Thunderbird had. Adios, mi Amigo.

Comment

I don't know that the amount of comments are different either way, BUT, I have noticed that with the Hardtop on, I get more comments from the older and wiser generation, and the younger when the top is down.
                          ‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗ת‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
                          \
                          ────────────────/ | \────────────────/
                          ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ/ /|\ \ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

NORTHERNBIRD - PETE

Comment

We have two birds, one we keep the top on and one we keep the top off. It's the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post
                              Since I don't even have a hardtop I can't say whether it would garner any additional praise. However I personally feel that the Black car with the Tan soft top is much more attractive with the top up than down. Others have also made that observation.
                              Cal
                              love the look when top is down and the boot cover is installed for the sand interior black cars.
                              Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                                I'm not sure what the color has to do with the hardtop vs convertible subject of this thread, but since it has been introduced, we all know that the most famous and most iconic of all Thunderbirds is the WHITE Thunderbird (with hardtop on) driven by the mysterious blond in "American Graffiti".
                                Hey, Ray, you should get a blond wig and have some fun! Lou and his bunny suit and Fritz with his assortment of wigs has already paved the way for you.
                                Last edited by tbird05cel; Nov 13, 2010, 11:32 AM.
                                Charles

Comment

Working...
                                X