....Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ....Mustang

.....Not to take away anything from all things Thunderbird, (as owners of an '02 and an '81) I was just wondering how many of you also have a Mustang(s) in your stable? If so, have you celebrated the marque's 50th Anniversary in any way? We have an '88 LX 5.0 convert. and an '00 G.T. convert. We drove the '00 to Vegas for the get-together there....Most of our club either went to Vegas or Charlotte N.C. ...good times!

Re: ....Mustang

1987 GT with T-tops, five speed, black with silver bottom and red interior. This was a Ford pool car, I have owned since 1988.
    02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
    02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
    03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
    03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
    04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
    04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
    04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
    04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
    05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
    05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
    05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
    - 48&DC

Comment

Used to have a '93 GT that we bought new in Oct '92...sold it in 2002. Wish I'd kept it - so much fun to drive...it was a great vehicle!

Comment

I've had lots of mustangs. Currently have a 1968 GT Fastback, 1968 Shelby GT 500KR convt and 2014 convt. Have restored many of them over the years. Only one Bird.
        Dan

Comment

2013 Boss 302 with trackey option.
          2007 Saleen 302SC Parnelli Jones tribute car.

http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...00&ppuser=1190
          http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...00&ppuser=1190
          '03 T-Bird -Torch Red
          '05 T-Bird - Inca Gold
          '13 Mustang BOSS 302
          '

Comment

I've looked at Mustangs on a number of occasions over the years when I was looking for a vehicle as there were aspects of the car I liked, but I always opted for something else instead. Three times I bought Pontiac Firebirds (a used 1977 and two new cars, 1991 and 1996). The last time I opted for a 1999 Mazda Miata.

Comment

Had 2 in my life - a '65 that I stuffed a 390 in and a '69 Mach 1 390 that I modified with a solid lifter cam, electric fuel pump (yes those were big time in the late 60s / early 70s), headers, 428 heads, Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold, Holley 1180 double pumper & 411's. Man would that thing smoke the tires. Turned high 12s, used to race at a place called Dover Drag Strip in Dover NY.

Comment

In the past: 1966 fastback 2+2, 1970 Mach I
                Currently: 2007 Shelby GT 500, although the word "Mustang" is nowhere on the car, the registration or the insurance policy.
                sigpic
                Goldilocks~Venomous~Moondoggie
                Drive like you mean it!!
                ~Elle~

Comment

Many in the past...more in the future :-)

I have an acquaintance who is just now offering for sale 3 of his collection cars. Info in the cars for sale area...shortly

these are not for the faint of heart
                  DaveR (as seen on survelance TV)

Comment

66 GT Fastback, Emberglo with Emberglo/Parchment Pony interior, A code 289. Since the car is in Ohio and I am not very often, I have not had the chance to participate in any of the 50th stuff. Did just order the Ford 50th Anniversary poster, the one with an image of each year. I think it actually has mine on there for the 66, fun since it is such an unusual color, cheap thrills!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat6 View Post
                      66 GT Fastback, Emberglo with Emberglo/Parchment Pony interior, A code 289....
                      Like this?
                      http://www.bosskraft.com/66-a-code-f...-emberglo.html

(...hit 'play' and it'll turn into a short slide video)

...beautiful car.

Comment

That is a beauty! Mine probably is not nice enough to need it's own car show ramp so people can crawl under it, but I think it looks pretty good. Mine is a factory GT and has the Emberglo and Parchment interior, that one has the Parchment interior. I sure can appreciate a wonderful car like that but I prefer to drive them, and you probably would not want to drive that much after all that time and money. But maybe if I had more garage space, a trailer, a truck to pull it, a bunch of money ....... Maybe some day. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That is ONE gorgeous car, Drew!

Comment

Current 2010 Mustang Highly modified Convertible Kona blue and signed by SHELBY. Past 67 GTA vert, 73 Vert, two 66 Fastbacks. 64 1/2 triple black vert. All were restored by me when I lived in California
                            The 2002 Bird feels right at home parked in the garage with the Stang.

Comment

I owned a 2001 Mustang GT convertible. My son (well me actually) owned a 2006 V6 Coupe. My son now owns a 2014 GT Coupe.

I loved the 2001 Convertible. I've never really warmed up to the current (pe-2015) incarnation. They are larger and heavier than the Fox body cars. I am interested in the 2015 style and may look at the 2016 convertible.

Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X