Mod vs. No Mod poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod vs. No Mod poll

There are a number of owners here that expressed their opinion on this matter and thought this would be a good time now that Spring is in the air...

Choices are welcome to talk about...
    No Mods at all
    32.55%
    Mods but can go back to origional
    56.89%
    Thinking of doing a Mod
    3.23%
    Mods of no return to origional
    7.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Treken; Apr 25, 2010, 01:51 PM.

Re: Mod vs. No Mod pole

I put Borlas on and cold air and a few chrome pieces on but saved my original parts and can go back to original after removing a few chrome parts...

Comment

I have put on moldings around the base of the hardtop, window/door moldings,
      rocker panel moldings, and the chrome hood bezel. Have the small headlight moldings
      on the way and will put them on within the next week or so.
      I want to also extend the exhaust extensions like Leroy has, then add spoke wheels and white wall tires. I think I will be done then!
      I would not put anything on the bird that would alter the basic 'original car'.
      sigpic

Comment

Think about whether you can return to original WITHOUT Damage. Example: I'm not sure some of these dash kits can be removed without damaging the original facia, and if there is damage, will those factory replacement pieces be available in the future? Most mods are such that you can go back to original if you keep the removed parts and don't damage anything. Some people may not have kept the stock exhaust system because of storage problems. There was someone on TBN at one time trying to buy a stock system because his wife did not like the modified system he had on the car.
        sigpic
        2010 Jaguar XK coupe
        1995 Lexus SC300 (aka Toyota Soarer)
        1985 Honda Nighhawk "S"
        2013 Lexus RX350 - wife's
        2013 Mercedes E-350 coupe

Comment

My car may appear to be "over the top" with the pinstripes and hood scoop art, but the car is 7 model years old and as with most cars that old the original paint is beginning to show it's age. New paint, re-install the factory radio, remove the headrest covers and redline tires it will be back looking original. In the meantime, I enjoy the "shock value" of some of the mods.
          Last edited by ChromeDome; Apr 25, 2010, 03:42 PM. Reason: can't hide my bad spelling!!!
          Please Note.. Any spelling and/or grammer mistakes are copyright of the author.. Mistakes will be numerous and common...

Comment

I thought the original was a beauty - or I would not have wanted to buy one. With that said, my TBird is now truly mine. She is the way I would have bought her! Ford did a great job - but to me, they did not do a magnificent job. I also wish her hardtop was retractable. I love my Baby, and she's mine, she turns heads, and she is definitely not for sale!

McTBird02

Comment

I'm not sure I've read a single post in this forum that suggest anyone has made anything I'd refer to as an actual...... performance upgrade that wasn't the most basic bolt on cat back system or cold air intake which for me don't really qualify. (Still waiting for the super-charged car or manual shift)

Then again I suppose the most common changes here have to do with styling preferences anyway rather than performance.

I like the car as it was built. I find most of the changes I've seen done that alters the appearance to be less than desirable.

The billet grills and some wheels.....very COOL......but most of the "tack on" stuff.........not-so-much.

Comment

Borlas, originals in garage raffters. Chrome grill mod(both upper and lower),top door trim, rear top deck trim, both chrome rear lights and front lights, hardtop chrome around side windows, rear window and base of hardtop. and last of all the trunkrack. My 1955 V-8 emblems have not yet been installed.
                sigpic2002 Black Premium Black Accent
                1996 LX Black with gray interior, 4.6 V-8

Comment

Originally posted by mctbird02 View Post
                  I thought the original was a beauty - or I would not have wanted to buy one. With that said, my TBird is now truly mine. She is the way I would have bought her! Ford did a great job - but to me, they did not do a magnificent job. I also wish her hardtop was retractable. I love my Baby, and she's mine, she turns heads, and she is definitely not for sale!

McTBird02
                  Well said Lisa, I agree 100%

I could care less what the next owner thinks about the mods we have on our cars. I didn't do it for them, I did it for me.

By the time these cars are worth REAL money, most will have to be restored anyway, so my little dash kit doesn't mean diddly %$#@

Tastefully done mods look fine, even better than original, in some cases
                  Last edited by PaBlkBrd; Apr 25, 2010, 05:40 PM.
                  Mike & Jana
                  Med. Steel Blue/Med. Steel Blue/Partial Blue
                  1 of 253
                  Built 8/25/04

Comment

Here's a list of what I've done to my 'Bird (2004 light ice blue premium). Only the first entry qualifies, according to my definitions, as a mod. The rest I think of as enhancements & improvements to upgrade the car's safety or the driving experience--in other words, they're meant to do something beyond just changing the appearance.
                    *Chrome hood scoop bezel
                    *LED bulb for rear license plate
                    *Replaced 4 speakers (doors & rear bulkhead)
                    *K&N CAI tube (the chrome fatboy)
                    *Gentex auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass (had to have Ford garage install it)
                    *Sylvania Silverstar headlight bulbs
                    *DavidA-approved rewire job to make the SPLs into DRLs
                    *4-piece carpet set from AutoSport (yes, that means a matching trunk-mat). The design is a Persian design which seems to be based on the poppy plant (oh-oh) in light tan on a black background. The car's interior is sand & black, which makes a nice match.
                    *Chrome license plate frames, front & rear
                    *OEM Tbird front license plate holder spray-painted light ice blue.
                    Okay, those last 2 are also strictly for appearance, not performance, but they're pretty minor. But they're pretty. I think I got all these ideas, excepting the carpets, from this website. I love all the changes I made. although I question the $38 I spent for the Silverstars: they don't seem to be any brighter than the stock Ford bulbs that came with the car.
                    I'm in agreement with those posters above & elsewhere who like the car as is. Adding chrome ... well, it's not my style. But I'm a libertarian about these things; you should do or not do to your car as you please. I'll certainly take a look if I have the opportunity. Maybe that's the whole idea, right?

Comment

Originally posted by rerdmann17 View Post
                      My 1955 V-8 emblems have not yet been installed.
                      Need to put those V8 emblems on. They look great on the evening blacks.
                      sigpic
                      2010 Jaguar XK coupe
                      1985 Honda Nighhawk "S"

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
                        I question the $38 I spent for the Silverstars: they don't seem to be any brighter than the stock Ford bulbs that came with the car.
                        You need to switch them out to Silverstar ULTRAS.........HUGE difference
                        Mike & Jana
                        Med. Steel Blue/Med. Steel Blue/Partial Blue
                        1 of 253
                        Built 8/25/04

Comment

Very minor mods on the 02 and very easy to reverse.
                          chrome bezel on hood
                          anniversary blades instead of hash marks
                          V8 emblems from 03/04
                          and Chuck's post below reminded me that I also have Thunderbird logo caps on the valve stems.

except for this mod - painted the wings on the hubcaps tbird logo blue. looks stock to someone who doesn't know but it isn't.

and minor mods on the 05 Inca also very easy to reverse
                          wheel change
                          visor wraps
                          headrest wraps
                          Last edited by 5bird7; Apr 26, 2010, 08:39 AM.
                          Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

Here's a poll that might spark some debate.

Mods you've done

Mods you might do, or would like to do

Mods you would never do
                            2010 Explorer Limited Edition, tri color white, camel interior
                            2003 TBird black/saddle
                            1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL conv't turq/black
                            2004 Lincoln LS 8 Sport light tundra metallic/medium stone

Comment

I will make this easy since there is no official pole.
                              Mods done:
                              1. V8 emblems (added on 05)
                              2. chrome hood scoop
                              3. small polished stainless t-bird emblem (QAA) on center stack
                              4. small polished stainless t-bird emblem (QAA) on center brake light
                              5. floor and trunk mats with tbird emblem
                              6. t-bird tire valve caps
                              Mods I might do or would like to do:
                              1. Borla exhaust
                              2. retro V8 emblems
                              3. Kelsey-Hayes replica wire wheels (although I don't really want to have tubed tires)
                              4. custom headrest covers
                              5. grille trim
                              Mods I would never do:
                              1.22 inch wheels
                              2. wood dash kit
                              3. continental kit
                              Last edited by V8 Cat; Apr 27, 2010, 05:03 PM.
                              sigpic
                              2010 Jaguar XK coupe
                              1985 Honda Nighhawk "S"

Comment

Working...
                              X