TOP ON TOP OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOP ON TOP OFF

No top off today. It is doing that white thing again here in NE Tennessee.

Second weekend in a row.......BORING.

Comment

Come north its boring from November thru March........................Thunderbird boring that is.
      http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...00&ppuser=1190
      '03 T-Bird -Torch Red
      '05 T-Bird - Inca Gold
      '13 Mustang BOSS 302
      '

Comment

Thanks for the invite, Bruce, but I think I will pass. I have all the north here right now that I can stand.

Comment

This is not the kind of white top I would like to see on my Blue Bird.
          Last edited by BLUNBIRD; Jul 5, 2006, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Things were warming up out here last week and I was tempted to take the top off. Glad I didn't

This week things are different--really cold (for around here) with freezing nights and 40ish days. Supposedly, the snow level will drop to about 1500 feet--that will mean snow on the mountain by my house (Black Mountain) as well as Mt. Tam, Mt. Diablo, and Mt. Hamilton which are the tall peaks around SF Bay.
            Frank
            FEs Tbird
            03 Whisper White, White Top, White Partial Accent, Chrome Hood Bezel, Porthole Emblem Decals, Visor Emblem Decals, Tbird Floormats, TBN Grill Badge

Comment

First I'd like to say thanks for all the great comments & voting on this poll. This is by no means closed so keep responding if you like. Today is my one year anniversary of cancer survival(see post in off topic Lucky to be here) & after reading all the posts & the one from Grey Gator I have decided to call in the calvary aka Arnold & Will my friends from work to attempt the top removal. I have set TO (Top Off) day as this coming Friday. The weather has been warm here in Florida the past week & I think all these cold fronts have come to an end. I will photo document the event & post the pictures which brings me to the next question. Where's our gallery like we had on the old sight? I can't find my gallery photos or anyone elses for that matter but I see people post pictures. I tried to upload my pics again but no luck. Gee & I just got the hang of using the old site too. If anyone has the answer let me know. That's it for now. I'll be reporting later.
              sigpic

Comment

Ever since I moved to California two years ago the top hasn't been back on the car. Usually during the winter months there is a day or two that it's warm enough to put the top down.

However, when my Guy Garage eventually gets built I will be putting in a power hoist. Either that or turn the hardtop onto a coffee table we can set our beer on

Comment

Well Arnold is busy on Friday but my good friend Dean said he'd help out with the top removal & then I heard the weather report. Holy Cold Front. Could another cold front drop our tempartures here in Florida from the 80's back to the 50's or lower & stop the hard tops removal? Stayed tuned for more info same bird time same bird channel.
                  Last edited by RareOldBird; Feb 20, 2006, 05:59 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

My daughter has to help me as I don't think my wife can hold it up. I would hate to find out I was right. My daughter graduates from Mass. College of Pharmacy this june and who knows if my little pharmacist will be living close enough to help me.

Comment

I saw a bird back in 2002 with some significant damage to the trunk lid and rear fender where the roof hit when it was dropped!!

Patricia and I can get it off but can't get it lifted high enough to easily get it on.

I had a lift made soon after we got the 02, made it out of 2" pipe and a 12 volt winch, with a buddies help.
                      2002 Blue / full accent 2Y119877
                      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=9768
                      2004 Silver / red partial 4Y101591
                      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=25629

Comment

A co-worker had a MB two-seater with the removable hardtop. He indicated to me, that, the first time he tried to put the top back on, it was not going to happen, so he left it off until the day he sold it. That plan works for me, been topless since June 2004.

His brother sold his corvette and brought a 2003 mountain grey bird from a local Ford dealer last month. Have given him a TBN card to pass along. Hope he joins TBN.

Witchcitybird

Comment

Well the cold front due to arrive Sat/Sun will be enough to drop us from 85 today to around 67 for the weekend but will not stop the countdown for TO(Top Off). Lift off will be at @9 AM tomorrow. Well those who said I should have had more choices were right but I got the info I was looking for. After cancer surgery 10 months ago plus a hernia & like Bob I don't think my wife would be strong enough I decided to play it safe & let a couple of friends handle it. I think I still might invest in a hoist device we'll see how it goes. Looking forward to going topless but I like the look of the hardtop too. Well that's it for now. I'll report after lift off. Nobody answered the gallery question. What happened to the gallery that we used to have?
                          Last edited by RareOldBird; Feb 23, 2006, 03:19 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just like a lot of people have mentioned, we have basically a schedule. The top goes on around Vetrans day (November 11th) and comes off around March 15th. We have never dropped the top on the car, but had to put the top down when putting it on the car. Luckly, it was about where it should have been and it just rested on the rim of the windshield. Ford says this top is 83 pounds, but it is the bulkest 83 pounds I have ever tried to lift for two people.

Comment

It ia a bulky 80 lbs, especially if you have to switch your hands around for any reason to get a better grip.

We (my brother in law also has an 03) put multiple blankets on the trunk, and then a piece of wood. If we have to let it down for any reason, we lay it on the wood.

So far, so good, knock on wood.
                              2010 Explorer Limited Edition, tri color white, camel interior
                              2003 TBird black/saddle
                              1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL conv't turq/black
                              2004 Lincoln LS 8 Sport light tundra metallic/medium stone

Comment

Well its a little cooler this morning & overcast but all systems are go for TO. Will & Dean are on their way. Bird is backed out of the garage just past the doors front screws are loosened & back levers released. I have a quilt on the deck & thanks to Jerry I'm going to use the piece of plywood too. Next report top should be history.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X