Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were you when you bought your FIRST RetroBird???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How old were you when you bought your FIRST RetroBird???

might be, Drew but the cars are not as expensive to buy now as when you bought yours. I think you still hold the record here for youngest when you bought yours new.
    Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

HI Leo FB -
      What does AGE have to do with it. My body will be 83 years old December 30th.
      My Mind, depends on whom I'm with!
      INTEGRITY:
      If you have it, nothing else matters!
      If you don't have it, nothing else matters!

Comment

sigpic
        Invoice $38,457 - Sold new 9/15/2003
        One of twenty two built like this
        She was a good one. Sold 12/30/2014.
        Replaced with 2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe.
        A lot better car and even more exclusive, but doesn't have the Cachet the Thunderbird had. Adios, mi Amigo.

Comment

It's all good... God i love this car.... Every winter i think of trading it for a charger, camaro, or challenger or whatever is hot... When that spring day comes and i dust her off it never happens.... Other cars might be faster or cooler but none have the class.... I have never regretted it.
          -Drew
          -'04 VMG T-bird (O(####)O)
          -'13 BLUE JEEP Patriot
          -'14 Maroon FORD Taurus limited

Comment

Originally posted by charlie hensley View Post

PS: I've also got a Sage Green '56,
            Ahhh, another Greenie kid.

Well, I don't really have a Retro but was looking for one and came here to get info and have met some really nice and helpful folks. Still hangin' round here cause I still would like to get a Retro. I would like to get a 007 but they are a bit scarce and getting up in price. So we'll see how that goes!

I got my 56 on Christmas Eve of last year and had turned 63 earlier in the month. Just like some of my relatives used to do - got my birthday and Christmas present as one.
            sigpic
            "MABLE"
            1956 Thunderbird Green / Brown Interior (ZE-XG)

Comment

I was twice lucky - retired after 40+ years @ 63 and got the car as the retirement celebration. It's an 02WW so you can do the math. WLW

Comment

I got to thinking, I was 54 when we ordered the car and was 56 when it finally arrived. (part of the high point on the bell curve). I was sooo young...back then and didn't realize it!
                Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

I was 54 when I bought mine.

Comment

Really old, 63.
                    Only those who will risk going too far
                    Can possibly find out how far one can go.
                    T.S. Eliot

Comment

59 when I bought it in February 2010.
                      Charles

Comment

Originally posted by MintTbird View Post
                        11 people under 25? seems to be a few fibbers here

I can't speak for the other ten but i know how old I am. I saw one on hickam AFB used car lot and i said i couldn't wait any longer to let my opportunity pass me up. I even got my for a pretty good deal.

Aloha from Hawaii

Comment

I was 70 when I purchased my '05 Cashmere last October

Comment

Wanted one back when they first came out, I was 41. Had to wait until I could find the color I wanted and at the price I could afford (almost bought a sport trac or a mustang in between) and finally got mine the year I turned 50.

Comment

Comment

At 13, it was the first time i ever drove, and it was in my dad's turquoise blue white landau top '65 T-Bird. Loved that car. When a '64 was for sale for a song and dance...I jumped on it 44 years later ;~€

Comment

Working...
                                X