Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1/18th Die Cast Model Values

Originally posted by wcoates View Post
    You are kidding me right? VMG=$171.48. Thanks for mine Skip at what appears to be a bargain! The DSB is up to $75 and the leading bidder has another bid on the books. Wow must be spring fever!
    It will be interesting to see how many will come out of the woodwork with these numbers.
    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Originally posted by wcoates View Post
      You are kidding me right? VMG=$171.48. Thanks for mine Skip at what appears to be a bargain! The DSB is up to $75 and the leading bidder has another bid on the books. Wow must be spring fever!
      someone has got to be kidding...... $174.07 for the DSB. Wow $345gets you two diecasts

Charlie be careful getting on the ladder to empty the fun closet.
      Last edited by wcoates; Mar 11, 2014, 10:14 PM.
      Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
      2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

After the last two items that sold for over $170,this one will be interesting to watch.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=261416489868

This T-Bird blue has 11 bids from two gents with one having 0 feedback and the other with 3. They seemed to have calmed down but at $51 (with 2 days to go) and an outlandish $28.58 shipping that would make that a $80 car from Arkansas to Ohio.
        2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Bill, it looked to me like the shipping was only $ 8.80. Did I misread it?

Comment

The link in post #33 shows shipping to be $7.50.

Comment

Originally posted by LA PHIL View Post
              Bill, it looked to me like the shipping was only $ 8.80. Did I misread it?
              It is a rate calculated on zip code. try different zips mine is 44406.

Comment

I think that rate calculator is jacked up. It also says $7.50 for my zip. No way it can be shipped anywhere for that amount.

The lucky seller has the perfect storm, two guys that haven't done their homework, want what he's got and have money to spend.

Reminds me of a song lyric ... "every time two fools collide".
                21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

C'mon guys, have watched it for days and it has less than 5 hours to go and it hasn't even seen it's first $.99 offer!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251525120274...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

I think overpriced shipping charges put people off as much as high starting bids. Sellers jack up the shipping charges to increase profit, since they don't have to pay eBay fees on the shipping. That only works if it doesn't prevent people from bidding in the first place.

Comment

couldn't agree more Paul. Someone got it delivered to their door for $16.99. Their $.99 bid held up. Did ask about shipping and got this answer.

Dear coat69,
                      Based on the weight there is not a cheaper option. Car is very heavy
                      aziegler0712

Comment

Sometimes a dog gets a bone. If you want or need one - $16.99 to the door can't hardly be beat.

I had an unbelievable $0.99 bid hold up once on a bronze statue of a Native American dancing called "The Spirit of the Thunderbird" that was put out by the Franklin Mint. These things retailed for close to $200 I think. Got it for the $0.99 bid and $10.00 shipping, which there is no way the thing could have been shipped for that amount considering its size and weight. I was surprised the seller didn't try to weasel out of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post
                          ...Sellers jack up the shipping charges to increase profit, since they don't have to pay eBay fees on the shipping.
                          Exactly right. Ebay provides a link to REPORT ITEM at the top-right of the description. In the resulting three drop-down windows you can select 1)Listing Practices, 2) Other Listing Practices, and 3) Shipping-related charges. The last of those three expands to explain "The listing has excessive shipping or attempts to circumvent maximum shipping costs set by eBay."

Ebay is sometimes not very responsive to their customers/users complaints, but that one usually gets their attention.
                          100 Year Centennial 1903-2003

Comment

Anything that costs Ebay money gets their attention ...

Comment

Charlie you make me grin. Last IY didn't get a bid and you $67.55 out of a buyer.

$57 on a Maisto blue . you da man. Course you got Margaret helpin'

And who'd ever think more than $350 for your Merlot.
                              Last edited by wcoates; Dec 19, 2014, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Is it me, my searches, OR has the heat gone out of the 2000-2005 Thunderbird Die-Cast market on E-Bay? Seems like a lot of models going a long time with 0 bids. Some of the BIN group will re list for the same price, a week at a time. Certainly are not many bargains, but even they are not getting bids.
                                Frank
                                FEs Tbird
                                03 Whisper White, White Top, White Partial Accent, Chrome Hood Bezel, Porthole Emblem Decals, Visor Emblem Decals, Tbird Floormats, TBN Grill Badge

Comment

Working...
                                X