memory of Merle Morton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory of Merle Morton

It is with a heavy heart that we send this email to the members of the Water Wonderland Thunderbird club. We wish to inform our members that our President Merle Morton, passed away late Thursday night 2/18/16.

At Merle’s request there will be no viewing or funeral service at this time. However, the family will hold a Memorial service at a later date.

Please respect the Morton family during this very difficult time of sadness and grieving.

Should you wish to view Merle's obituary please visit the Martenson Funeral home website.
    Please direct any questions to JoAnn Rodriguez or Denise Sikora.

Merle was a hard worker for our local club. She produced our local club newsletter and took the leadership role for the Thunderbird 60th Birthday Celebration in Dearborn. She maintained a cheerful and positive demeanor throughout the event, and patiently answered so many questions and attended to so many details.
    http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...ad.php?t=15130

Re: memory of Merle Morton

This is such sad news, Liz and I are so glad we took time to spend the afternoon with Merle and Don in Oct., when we were in Detroit picking up the merlot. She looked so good and had such a good attitude. We will keep Don in our prayers.
    02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
    02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
    03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
    03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
    04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
    04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
    04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
    04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
    05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
    05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
    05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
    - 48&DC

Comment

Such sad news. We love you, Merle. Deepest sympathy to all her friends and family.

Comment

So sorry to hear of this. RIP Merle. Merle and Don and Judy and I sheared a cabin for a few days on our trip around the Great Lakes last year. We got to know each other pretty good. She will be missed by many.
        Last edited by Gobird; Feb 19, 2016, 07:22 PM.
        They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
        IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
        Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Sincerest condolences to Merle's family. I have such nice memories of her kindness, energy and high spirits when we had the pleasure to meet her and Don at the 60th in Dearborn. Rest in peace Merle, and thank you for making so many people happy and appreciative during your life's journeys.

Comment

So incredibly sad to hear this. Merle was such a positive and caring person. My condolance to Don and family.

Comment

So sorry to hear this . She will be missed . Our condolences to Don and the family .

Comment

Such a sweet lady, yes indeed, she will be missed! Condolences to the entire Morton family.
                Quickdraw
                Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

Merle, rest in peace sweet lady. We'll all miss you and your cheerfulness so much until we see you again in heaven. God sure has a very congenial and hard working angel reporting for duty ... a special lady indeed.

Our deepest sympathy to Don and the family in their time of grief. We pretty much know how they feel, because after traveling thousands of miles with Merle and Don, we are grieving as well.
                  21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Don and the Morton family. Merle will be missed.

Comment

What a sad sick feeling I have reading this. A wonderful gal. Remember the kindness shown to me as a late comer to the Florida trip a couple of years ago.

Don my heartfelt condolences!
                      Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
                      2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

So sad to hear this terrible news. Karen and I interacted with Merle during her planning for the Thunderbird 60th celebration last June. What a pleasure she was to work with and I loved reading her great Water Wonderland club newsletters, especially since I wrote the newsletter for that club for many years while still living in Michigan. She was truly a great lady, Don, and her love and enthusiasm for Thunderbirds will forever be missed.

Comment

NO ONE KNOWS

No one knows the reason why.
                          No one Knows when it's your turn
                          to take the ride.
                          It makes you think, it makes you cry-but
                          no one knows why.
                          Think of it in a positive note,
                          everybody will ride the boat.
                          Someday you will be sliding
                          down that river too.
                          While you're still here treasure your
                          life so dear, no one knows when the boat is near.
                          Live for today, dream for tomorrow,
                          there is no time to drown in sorrow.
                          So get out there and take a deep
                          breath of air and be happy with
                          what you got.
                          Don't be low because a friend
                          had to go, it was just their time to take the ride.
                          You will meet up again because there is
                          no end, and we will all be happy on the other side.

by Howard Heuschkel

Comment

Merle will be missed. One truly gracious and kind lady.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers go out for Don, their family, and our thunderbird family. I thoroughly enjoyed sharing adventures with Merle.
                              R.
                              Be who you are... and say what you feel...Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss
                              Through and through G.R.I.T.S.

Comment

Working...
                              X