Windshield Trim Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windshield Trim Problems

I would be happy to ask the manufacturer of our rocker panels if they would do the windshield trim as well. But after dealing with them in the past they would want to see the piece.
    So if anyone has a pitted piece that was replaced and wants to send it to me, I would ask the manufacturer to look at it, to see if they can help us.
    Just a thought

Comment

Fortunately for me I purchased a complete set of windshield trim NOS about 9 years ago so I have a backup set to go to. I bought it from a fellow in California who worked for Foose; he said it came from the silver roadster that Chip did for the SEMA show.

Best $200 bucks I ever spent.

Drive it like you stole it !!!

Comment

I've replaced the peeling trim pieces and found a good price on an extra set for future use, if necessary. Sort of a shade tree insurance policy.

Comment

One of the casualties of cost cutting and weight reduction is the trim,. Either the lack of it or cheap materials and process. Not much stainless on today's cars. The bubbling on ours is likely poor quality control in manufacturing. Mine has had 1 bubble since I have had it (3+ years) but not getting worse. Knock on wood, but maybe add a touch of character to the car. All we need is a story to go with it and time.

Comment

I am responding to this old thread because I have just come across this problem in a car I am considering. Very low mileage garage queen with the only flaw being a center section of the windshield surround bubbling up.

My 1973 Jensen Interceptor never had such a problem. All the bright work in and out was a thick high quality stainless steel. Not much progress on the trim front in these many years.

Comment

Originally posted by AyPapiii View Post
              Not much progress on the trim front in these many years.
              That's right. When you buy cheap you get cheap.

Comment

Working...
              X