Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mod vs. No Mod pole

Originally posted by Ski View Post
    I'll bite, what's a Salami hook? Is it chrome?
    LOL, you wil have to dig into TBN history to find out. I posted a picture of it once. I am sure it is still in here.
    Sometimes Birds travel far...
    Dutch T-Bird
    tbirdregistry.com No. 27947

Comment

OK, I am interested as well..

Comment

http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...ht=Salami+hook

Ok, Frits, it's not a mod but standard equipment on the '02. And it's not chrome.

It's been so long ago, I forgot.
        sigpic
        Ski
        nomorebirds
        2013 Ford Ice Storm C-Max Hybrid

Comment

You found it
          Sometimes Birds travel far...
          Dutch T-Bird
          tbirdregistry.com No. 27947

Comment

Maybe I'll do the DavidA mod to the Salami Hook and wrap it in tin foil .
            Last edited by Ski; May 1, 2010, 05:26 AM.
            sigpic
            Ski
            nomorebirds
            2013 Ford Ice Storm C-Max Hybrid

Comment

I installed the chrome hood bezel from the Cashmere onto my black. Also added chrome rocker panels. Nothing else, but might paint the brake calipers black this summer.
              50th Anniversary....Triple black with black accent package upgrade.....Chrome scoop bezel and rocker panels....50th Anniversary Illinois commemorative license plates for 2005 (#45/100). Real Plate is: "A NFTE 50"

Comment

I did a huge mod a few weeks ago and added 3M Thunderbird labels over the yellow air bag label on the visor!
                Wow.
                Now that's it for me.
                I'm personally just not into changing my cars as I did when I was in my 20's and would mod all kinds of things to my car.
                Remember Thrush mufflers?

Comment

Originally posted by keithwand View Post
                  I'm personally just not into changing my cars as I did when I was in my 20's and would mod all kinds of things to my car.
                  I put 4" chrome outsider exhaust on my 74 Monte Carlo from the front to the back tires... louder than thrush...

Comment

Originally posted by keithwand View Post
                    This is kind of the way I feel although I have done a couple of "minor" appearance mods to the bird. In my 20's I did a lot of mods to a couple of cars I had then. Somebody here mentioned "shaved and decked". I did that along with custom paint jobs to a 1953 Mercury 2dr with a flathead V8 and a 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 2dr ht with the Tbird Special 312 CI V8. That was just the start. Exhaust systems, engine dress-up kits, US Royal Master tires (remember them?), custom interiors, Sun tachs, changing rearend axle ratios just to name a few.
                    sigpic
                    2010 Jaguar XK coupe
                    1995 Lexus SC300 (aka Toyota Soarer)
                    1985 Honda Nighhawk "S"
                    2013 Lexus RX350 - wife's
                    2013 Mercedes E-350 coupe

Comment

On the Black '04, I have added the chrome hood scoop bezel, trim around the hardtop, doors and rocker panel moldings. Most recently, I applied a small T Bird emblem on the porthole windows on each side, each one being centered in the porthole.
                      It really looks nice! Bill
                      _____________________________*
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi, I think I came up with a new MOD! On the top of engine cover there are 8 raised strips painted a silver color about 13" long. I went to my local sign shop that sells vinyl stick- on signs and had them make me 10 strips of chrome vinyl 1/8 x 13' long. Good thing I got 2 extra... the first didn't stick very good. So I wiped them with thinner and let it sit in the sun long enough to drink a cold beverage. Then peeled the backing off and put the strips on ! Looks like factory chrome and only cost $8 bucks. There is a guy on Ebay selling 1/8 " rolls of chrome tape for $3.00 + shipping .Don't know how thick it is.? Sorry I can't post pictures [don't know how and wife wont let me touch digital camera] Anyway it looks good with Thunderbird quarter panel script on the coil covers... John

Comment

John

I am curious to see if the vinyl chrome strips stay on your car. Your engine gets extremely hot and that will loosen the 3-M tape glue. Also the heat will effect the vinyl
                          at that extreme temp and will crack the chrome . Be looking for that and let us know.
                          Bunny Lou

Comment

Lou , I know what you mean. That's why I went with the better sign material than the thin foil like tape. I just drove it to town and back and it does get hot,but there are alot of other stickers in the engine compartment. I'm hoping for success! John

Comment

Any idea where we can pick up the chrome air scoop trim?
                              I know they were available a couple of years ago, but haven't seen them lately.
                              Any suggestions are much appreciated.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pmrshll View Post
                                Any idea where we can pick up the chrome air scoop trim?
                                I know they were available a couple of years ago, but haven't seen them lately.
                                Any suggestions are much appreciated.
                                Thanks!
                                2002-2005 THUNDERBIRD NEW CHROME HOOD SCOOP BEZEL
                                sigpic

“THE EDGE,
                                there is no honest way to explain it
                                because the only people who really know where it is
                                are the ones who have gone over.”

Comment

Working...
                                X