Outta Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outta Here!

Just received an email from Dizzbe. She could not log in to TBN. I hope she doesn't mind me posting her email. This is what she wrote....

I am finally at an office site and was going to try to log into TBN & guess what ...... the government won't allow access to the site. You've all been filtered!!!! They must worry about spreading the Ford word over here. I haven't seen any Fords in Singapore or China.

It is sooo hot and humid here, I've been miserable. The hotels we've stayed in though have been very nice, the only thing is that you can't drink the water or even brush your teeth using the tap. They provide bottled water though so that hasn't been a problem. I was able to take a side trip to a market yesterday and bought some pearls - the price is unbelievable. Really cheap.

We are in Wuxi China today and head back to Shanghai tonight for a flight back to the USA tomorrow (Tuesday). I can't wait to get home and also to log back into TBN. How is the hardtop relay going? By now shouldn't it be in Oklahoma?

Take Care - Miss you all and looking forward to being back online Tuesday.

Vickie -

Comment

Well I made it back from a whirlwind trip and needed a few days to recoup. Hit the wall yesterday, so I decided to take today off. Good decision, it's been hard to sleep at night back home when you'd spent 11 days awake during our nitetime.

The trip went well, we did get to do some sightseeing. Was able to go through a wildlife park in Perth. Petted a Kangaroo and a Koala bear. There was a big Kangaroo that I was petting and the whole time I looked at his big tail and feet and kept thinking "this dude could knock me into next week if he felt like it." But they seemed very comfortable with people. I'll post some pictures later. The Koala have a life. They sleep 20 hours a day. The fur on them was so soft, and they just looked very sweet, even if they also a bit spacey. I think that the eucalyptus they eat may have something to do with that.

Several people in Australia would comment on my "accent" they would ask about USA and want to know where I was from. Some people asked about the flooding as well as it had been on the news so much over there. So every person that asked had heard of Iowa. It made me feel proud of the country that so many people said they wanted to visit here and see the US.

Singapore was ok - it was hot and humid though and we just drove around a bit prior to flying out. So we didn't get to see much. The people there were very nice though and there were flowers and beautiful trees everywhere. You can tell that they take care of their country.

Shanghai was the pitts. Oh my gosh I didn't like that city. Talk about hot and humid, it was like a swamp. And so many people. We went to a market area and there were peddlers swarming all around you, I hated it. Driving is a crap shoot, our driver was good - but you just have to learn to weave through all of the traffic there. Signs and lane dividers don't mean a thing. I wonder how many scooter riders are run over there? It was crazy. The area has some nice areas, but then right next to them are buildings that are crumbling. Construction is very poor there - was afraid the whole time that I'd feel the ground shake. The buildings would have just toppled. Can you tell I have no desire to ever return there?

So glad to be back in the USA, where we take turning on the tap and drawing a glass of drinking water for granted. I never will again after being away.

I'll get a few pictures posted later.

Comment

Glad you are back and can't wait to see some of the pics.

Comment

I have an '04 Merlot with Tan top and interior and currently live in Las Vegas. I used to have a travel schedule similar to yours only just in the USA. I traveled 265 days a year usually to two different cities per week and touched all 50 states. Enjoy your travels and be safe. It would be nice to talk to you at some time about business when you are in one place long enough. Here is my e-mail address, John_Tolson@aarrus.com. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

JATBIRD

Comment

Hi John - Great choice of color combo you have! I am a bit biased though.

The Asia Pac trip in total was a whirlwind & made me realize that I can mark China off my list of places to see as I don't have any desire to return there.

I don't know how you could travel 265 days a year - WOW. I would be exhausted. I see that you are going to Desert Thunder II next week in Vegas - I'll see you there & we'll need to chat work. Although my job ended last month, I am in the market for a new gig and it's always great to hear others opinions. See you next week John!

Comment

What is a checked bag? I do similar trips and only carry a rollaboard. Even trained my wife and daughter to do the same. A lot less hassle for a 2-3 week trip.

Comment

This was an old post, brings up lots of memories. On the suitcase thing I have traveled before in a carry on for several days, wish I would have done it back then.

Comment

Working...
                X