thunderbirdnest.com - Thunderbird Forums  
Welcome to Thunderbirdnest.com! TBN is the web's best site for enthusiasts of 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 Ford Thunderbirds (retrobirds). Discussion forums, technical forums, production data, live chat, photo galleries, modifications, performance enhancements, accessories and more. Join the Retro T-Bird fun today!

Go Back   thunderbirdnest.com - Thunderbird Forums > T-Bird Groups and Chapters > The Carolina's Chapter

The Carolina's Chapter For those who live in North and South Carolina

Old Aug 11, 2015, 08:32 AM   #26
jsigman270

Re: Window drop processor

Mike, we were having a lot of electrical problems over the last couple of years. Our Ford dealership never did a great job and finally gave up. Your advise to seek out a Lincoln dealer, saved our car. It was pretty expensive ($949. 6W6Z-13C788-AB processor-LI) but the car is like brand new. Thank you for the best advise we have had in years.
Jeff Sigman
jsigman270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2015, 03:19 PM   #27
steelblue5505
"A Smile In Every Mile"

Hello Jeff & welcome to tbn. Very pleased that you now have a great running car. I appreciate your kind words.
Come on to the nest more often...goodtimes all the time.

"A Smile In Every Mile"
steelblue5505 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2015, 02:26 PM   #28
RT66TBIRD
Greetings from New Mexico

I found this thread with Google. I have been having a lot of electrical problems, including the automatic window seal. The problem started when my battery started to fail. I changed out the battery but the windows were still not working correctly. Glad I found this because I did the procedure described above, several seconds down, several seconds up, and I cleared the problem.
Now the main problem I have been having belongs in another thread but I will mention it here. I have B1676, B1342, P2106, and U1039 codes with ABS, brake light, traction control, and wrench light on. Here is the thread I found but it is inconclusive. http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36544&highlight=b1676
RT66TBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:28 PM   #29
wtsachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelblue5505 View Post
Hello Tony & welcome to the Nest. Everyone has suggested some great things to do & look for to help you with your window drop/return problem & most times these one of these suggestions will take care of it. But only if everything else in the circuit is operating normally.
Here is a few things to look for to determine is all is normal. Do the interior lights come on when you open the driver's door? And does when the driver's door is left ajar, the 'door ajar' indicator come on on the right lower corner of the dash? If the answer to either of these questions is no your problem could very well be the door actuator switch which is located inside the door near the door locking mechanism. The switch is actuated by the door lock as it closes or opens and one of the things this switch "directs" is the window operation.
If the answer is yes then you should be looking at the Front Electronics Module(FEM) and that is located behind the panel on the driver's side kick panel. Pull the panel out of the way & with the battery + side disconnected, reseat all the plugs on the FEM. Pull them off one by one & check for any loose or corroded pins. If this doesn't correct your problem then you very well may be looking at replacing the FEM.
Also if you do not have the hard top on the car than another test is: do the windows drop their aprox 1/2" when the soft top begins to be lowered or raised? If both windows do drop then your problem is most likely the door switch. Here's why. The soft top & the passenger window is controlled by the Rear Electronics Module(REM). The REM will signal the FEM to lower the driver's window and like I said if the driver's window does go down than this tells that that FEM is working.
If the hard top is on I would remove it just to do this test than to jump on spending $$$ to learn that the FEM replacement did not fix it.
For whatever it is worth, in my Ford Thunderbird manuals,2005, I see nothing in the power window circuits that mention a Lighting Control Module. The part number you showed is a valid number for a ignition control module & can be bought for $352.26. See here
http://www.buyfordpartsonline.com/pa...agramCallOut=1
One more point, if you have a Lincoln dealer with service you ought to take your Bird there for a opinion. They have much more service time on the Lincoln LS which uses almost all the same electrical systems & parts as our T-Birds. Most Ford dealers do not have a lot of T-Bird service time.
Good luck with your hunt, keep us posted what the outcome is. This is how we all learn about our Birds.
And lastly Have a wonderful Happy New Year.
Thank you for the helpful information. It turned out to be a door ajar switch on the passenger side causing mine not to drop.
wtsachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2017, 03:43 PM   #30
IdahoBob

Just a quick post to thank all the contributors to TBN! So thanks! We snowbirded for two months and left the Bird on a battery tender for the duration. Came back and both windows "dropped" but would not go back up. (What's the opposite of "dropped"?).
So I performed the "hold down the switch" procedure, which I learned on this thread, and voila, all is well!
Thanks everybody!
Bob
Old Mar 14, 2017, 04:55 PM   #31
LA PHIL

Glad to hear that worked for you Bob.

And FYI, the opposite of 'dropped' (in this context) is 'raised.'
LA PHIL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2017, 09:12 PM   #32
IdahoBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA PHIL View Post
Glad to hear that worked for you Bob.

And FYI, the opposite of 'dropped' (in this context) is 'raised.'
Thanks for the antonym suggestion. I was thinking the opposite of "raised" would be "lowered". Maybe there is another antonym? A google search suggested, amongst other candidates, "escalated".

I know, way off topic!

Bob
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:00 PM   #33
LA PHIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post
Thanks for the antonym suggestion. I was thinking the opposite of "raised" would be "lowered". Maybe there is another antonym? A google search suggested, amongst other candidates, "escalated".

I know, way off topic!

Bob
Hi Bob!

In the way you're using it the opposite of 'raised' would be ''lowered.'

A synonym of 'lowered' could include 'dropped,' but again it's a question of context, usage and syntax.

Spelling and grammar on this site have always been rather 'loosey-goosey,' to say the least, so it's not a particularly popular topic.

Technical automotive expertise has always trumped erudition here on TBN.
LA PHIL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2017, 08:57 AM   #34
IdahoBob

Quote:
Hi Bob!
In the way you're using it the opposite of 'raised' would be ''lowered.'
A synonym of 'lowered' could include 'dropped,' but again it's a question of context, usage and syntax.
Spelling and grammar on this site have always been rather 'loosey-goosey,' to say the least, so it's not a particularly popular topic.
Technical automotive expertise has always trumped erudition here on TBN.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:06 PM   #35
Brad

Quote:
Hi Bob!
Not unlike pedantic verses clever
Brad is online now   Reply With Quote