thunderbirdnest.com - Thunderbird Forums  
Welcome to Thunderbirdnest.com! TBN is the web's best site for enthusiasts of 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 Ford Thunderbirds (retrobirds). Discussion forums, technical forums, production data, live chat, photo galleries, modifications, performance enhancements, accessories and more. Join the Retro T-Bird fun today!

Go Back   thunderbirdnest.com - Thunderbird Forums > T-Bird Groups and Chapters > Heartland Chapter

Heartland Chapter Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma

Old Nov 28, 2016, 04:56 PM   #51
Tbear

Re: Thunder In The Ozarks - A Heartland Chapter TBN Mini-Event

Jim, Glad you guys are going to make it! You are than welcome to travel with us. I'll figure out the details right after the first of the year.

Tbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2016, 08:24 PM   #52
2K2BIRD
Gary & I "surf" PikesPeak

Great news, Jim. It's always fun with you and Regina in the group. Thanks for the word on the reservations at the Staybridge. Also, as a reminder - folks can use the group code TCC when making reservations.

Looks like we're going to have a super caravan coming from the Lone Star State. Looking foward to seeing all of you.
15 years, 137K miles, 48 States & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 160+ retrobird diecasts/models, 8 TOTM photos, a Garden of the Gods Beauty and some very special friends...THANKS to TBN !
:
"... AND I COULD WALTZ ACROSS TEXAS WITH YOU ..."
:
2K2BIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:55 PM   #53
tenger55

My wife Candy and I made our reservations today! This sounds like the perfect adventure to welcome in Spring 2017! Count us in! Only 113 days to go!
tenger55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:21 AM   #54
2K2BIRD

Welcome Tom & Candy! We look forward to meeting you. If you don't mind being seen with a Corvette (aka Thundervette) then you might want to caravan to Arkansas with Lou & Toni who also live in Lees Summit.
15 years, 137K miles, 48 States & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 100+ T-bird events, 160+ retrobird diecasts/models, 8 TOTM photos, a Garden of the Gods Beauty and some very special friends...THANKS to TBN !
:
:
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:01 PM   #55
rekyle
K BIRD

Reservations made for Roland and Kay Kyle. Please add us to group. Looking forward to trip.
rekyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:07 PM   #56
dmossburg

Just found your post. Do u know if there are any hotel rooms left. Would like to join the fun. Would be coming from White Hall Arkansas 2002 Yellow bird.
dmossburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:13 PM   #57
2K2BIRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmossburg View Post
Just found your post. Do u know if there are any hotel rooms left. Would like to join the fun. Would be coming from White Hall Arkansas 2002 Yellow bird.
I don't think you should have any problem with getting a room; check with the hotel online or via the phone as mentioned in the first post of this thread. If you have any trouble with reservations, let us know. Also if you get one let us know. It might be time to add more rooms to the block. Not sure "mini" is going to be an appropriate description of this thing at this point, ha.

Looks like we'll be having a Mississippi caravan - welcome Roland and Kay!
:
:
Old Nov 30, 2016, 01:15 PM   #58
dmossburg

Do you know if any rooms are still available? Would like to attend. Would be coming from White Hall Arkansas. 2002 yellow bird.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 01:35 PM   #59
dmossburg

Thx for the info. Will advise if we are successful.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 02:54 PM   #60
dmossburg

Reservations made for Danny and Jackie Mossburg. Look forward to meeting all of you.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 04:04 PM   #61
2K2BIRD

Glad to hear it, Danny. Welcome aboard.
:
:
Old Dec 2, 2016, 09:10 AM   #62
TeeBrd

If it's o.k., I will mention this outing to our fellow members in NTVT. We are having our Christmas party Sunday in Arlington. We have quite a few Retros in our group.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 09:25 AM   #63
2K2BIRD

No problem, Jim. Might be a great opportunity to get them to join TBN.
:
:
Old Dec 2, 2016, 03:40 PM   #64
15AGAIN
Bill, Rogers, AR

Danny and Jackie Mossburg, will be good to have someone from my old home area, I lived in Pine Bluff till I left for college.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 03:23 PM   #65
RetroGeorge

Reservations confirmed. 04 Silver. 'Sorry I posted in the wrong place - couldn't find your stream, as I was on the Forum page, thinking it was the Home Page. (I don't get out much.)
RetroGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2016, 09:29 AM   #66
JohnGarfield

We will plan on joining this event.
JohnGarfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2016, 09:58 AM   #67
2K2BIRD

John,

Welcome to TBN and welcome to our "little" event in the Ozarks. We are glad to have you join our other newcomers in Rogers in March. Hope this will be the first of many TBN events and posts for you.
:
:
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:01 AM   #68
2K2BIRD

Many thanks to Bill Green (15AGAIN) for designing our logo. If you look close you'll see he snuck a Razorback into it. What else can you expect from an University of Arkansas grad?
:
:

Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Dec 14, 2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:11 AM   #69
Tbear

John, Glad you are going to attend the event!

I'll be putting together a caravan right after the first of the year. Tentatively, the plan is to drive the scenic routes to Rogers. Drive the Taiimena Scenic highway to Mena, then head north to Rogers. Should be a fun drive.

Tbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:00 AM   #70
Fun Brd

We will be there, reservation made.
Gil & Brenda Hartman
Fun Brd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:40 AM   #71
2K2BIRD

Gil and Brenda, welcome to Thunder In The Ozarks. We look forward to you being here. You have great taste in Thunderbirds.
:
:
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:46 PM   #72
2K2BIRD

Got confirmation from Roy (The Pen Maker) that he plans to join us for Thunder In The Ozarks. Glad to hear it, Roy!

Almost squeezed out a commitment from a well known Texas couple, but not quite yet. Fingers crossed.
:
:

Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Jan 9, 2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:38 AM   #73
2K2BIRD

Just received confirmation that Tony and Sandy Green (Flinx1) will be joining us in Rogers. It's great to see new members participating. !Welcome aboard you two!
:
:
Old Jan 9, 2017, 04:54 PM   #74
Black Hawk 03
td47 Donating Member

Ken and Pat Posey
Marry and Lewis Posey
are registered at the motels and want to be placed on the Arkansas list.
Black Hawk 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:07 PM   #75
2K2BIRD

Thanks for the update, Tom. Looks like we'll have a big Mississippi contingent!

Speaking of big groups, I received word last night from Terry Wood that some members of the Sooner Thunderbird Club in Oklahoma City will be coming over to Rogers as well. Some are TBN members others are not. Guess we'll just have to make them feel so welcome that they join TBN! It's going to be a pretty nice caravan coming from central Oklahoma. Terry, a long time TBN Heartland Chapter member, is president of the Sooner Thunderbird Club and doing a great job getting folks involved in fun activities.

Our "little" gathering in NW Arkansas has now turned into almost 40 cars. If you build it they will come ......
:
:

Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Jan 10, 2017 at 12:53 PM.