Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eboose7
    replied
    I initially answered this poll in the negative then a few days later my fuel pump failed while the car was in the garage. Had it towed to the dealer for repair--$1,300.00 job. 2002 with 46,000 miles.

Leave a comment:

• steelblue5505
    replied
    Besides not driving it much, what am I doing wrong?
    Believe you answered your own question. Keeping these cars on the road seems to make them operate much better than those that are only driven occasionally.

Leave a comment:

• 4LOWBIRDS+8
    replied
    The 2002 Thunderbird Blue went at 25,700 miles about two months ago.

Leave a comment:

• dlschicken
    replied
    2002 Bird 33,700 miles with no fuel pump problems

Leave a comment:

• steelers08
    replied
    Yes, my fuel pump has failed on my 02 bird at 5,000 miles. Have always used the high octane fuel and because of not frequently driving, have always added fuel stabilizers Sta-Bil or Sea Foam. I am researching now on having the fuel pump replaced along with the transfer pump. Car will not start and fuel pressure at "0". Prices range anywhere from $800.00 to $1400.00 which includes the labor, and none of the estimates are from Ford or they would be a lot higher. Have also replaced all 8 COPs, much to my dissatisfaction. I have owned the vehicle since it was new and love it, but very disappointed with the cost of maintenance and NO help from Ford on the COPs!! and now this!! Unbelievable to only have 5,000 miles and to have this expense. Besides not driving it much, what am I doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• HKS
    replied
    Re: Has your fuel pump failed

Originally posted by Jimr View Post
    See the link below for some Rock Auto Fuel Pump Prices.
    Any think I've ordered from Rock auto has arrived in a couple day.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/f...le.com+URL+%2F
    Has anyone just replaced the 2002 fuel pump for $29.00?
    The high prices talked about on this thread must be for the entire assembly and labor.

HKS

Leave a comment:

• nukem
    replied

Originally posted by ajl03 View Post
    There seems to be a good many reports of fuel pump failure on retro birds.
    I thought it would be helpful to know how many owners have had to replace their pump and at what mileage. Also if you have had no fuel pump issues and your mileage.. Thanks
    failed at 30000 miles...replaced both went over speed bump to fast and thud.....fuel shutdown valve activated...reset and still nothing...still not sure its was the fuel pump or the valve

Leave a comment:

• toysax
    replied

You are correct Paul!!! He should drive and enjoy the miles!!!

Leave a comment:

• 2K2BIRD
    replied

Originally posted by Jooniemoonie View Post
    My wife's '02. We have had the car 4 years and put 3k miles on it and have spent $2400 in repairs for fuel pump, 2 coil on plugs, replaced leaking valve cover gaskets, and leaking power steering pump. Gonna sell it. Very disappointed with all the problems. The Ford house loves me.
    If you sell now someone is going to get a great deal and you won't have gotten your money's worth out of the repair costs. You should enjoy it. The money is already spent and can't be recouped when you sell it.

Leave a comment:

• Jooniemoonie
    replied

My wife's '02. We have had the car 4 years and put 3k miles on it and have spent $2400 in repairs for fuel pump, 2 coil on plugs, replaced leaking valve cover gaskets, and leaking power steering pump. Gonna sell it. Very disappointed with all the problems. The Ford house loves me.

Leave a comment:

• Jooniemoonie
    replied

At 27k miles. $1100. Car now has 29,700. Have had to replace leaking valve cover gaskets, and replaced 2 coil on plugs. Bought the car with 26k miles on it.

Leave a comment:

• Jooniemoonie
    replied

Originally posted by ajl03 View Post
    There seems to be a good many reports of fuel pump failure on retro birds.
    I thought it would be helpful to know how many owners have had to replace their pump and at what mileage. Also if you have had no fuel pump issues and your mileage.. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Flat
    replied

Mine went bad at about 50,000 on my 2002.

Leave a comment:

• Jimr
    replied

See the link below for some Rock Auto Fuel Pump Prices.
    Any think I've ordered from Rock auto has arrived in a couple day.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/f...le.com+URL+%2F

Leave a comment:

• engine103
    replied

Had a bad inertia switch about 95,000 mi.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X