X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carntz
    replied
    Re: Has your fuel pump failed

Hey Richard and Gordon I will put your cars in my prayers. Ya never can tell !!

Leave a comment:

• Birdlover
    replied

The '03 Evening Black has about 59K and the '04 Mint Bird has about 42K and no fuel pump issues yet on either car. Now that this is in print, I will be jinxed.
    Last edited by Birdlover; Jan 31, 2016, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• carntz
    replied

[QUOTE=sbernard;606130 Expensive lesson.[/QUOTE]

That brings to mind if there is ever an inexpensive repair on retros??????????

Seems to me like that what has been posted that a common starting point is a grand..

Leave a comment:

• sbernard
    replied

At approximately 51000 miles. There was a low hum when vehicle was started behind the drivers side. It stopped after a couple of minutes. Didn't know it was the fuel pump. The vehicle was at a shop for a week getting a new rag top. When I picked it up the hum started, as usual, but became extremely loud and wouldn't stop. Was able to make it to the dealer. At that time I had no idea how the fuel system operated, on the Bird. Expensive lesson.

Leave a comment:

• ajl03
    started a poll Has your fuel pump failed

Has your fuel pump failed

Yes
    30.87%
    No
    71.14%
    There seems to be a good many reports of fuel pump failure on retro birds.
    I thought it would be helpful to know how many owners have had to replace their pump and at what mileage. Also if you have had no fuel pump issues and your mileage.. Thanks
    Last edited by ajl03; Jan 30, 2016, 02:10 PM.
Working...
X