X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BirdsAndBugs
    replied
    Originally posted by SugarDaddy View Post
    On Feb 8, 2019, our T-Bird made it from our mailbox, a block away, to our driveway where the fuel pump failed at 68,524 miles. The car would crank, but not start. Error code was P1237, Fuel Pump Circuit Fault. I could not park it inside the garage because it would not start, and could not push it up the driveway slope.

I had our T-bird flat-bedded to our local Ford dealer on Feb. 9, 2019. Ford mechanics checked and verified the error code. They replaced the stock fuel pump and the pump fuse F4.18. On Feb. 19, 2019, the vehicle was ready. Total cost for repair was $1181.57.

Everything is more expensive here!
    I think I paid about the same Jerry.

Leave a comment:

• SugarDaddy
    replied
    On Feb 8, 2019, our T-Bird made it from our mailbox, a block away, to our driveway where the fuel pump failed at 68,524 miles. The car would crank, but not start. Error code was P1237, Fuel Pump Circuit Fault. I could not park it inside the garage because it would not start, and could not push it up the driveway slope.

I had our T-bird flat-bedded to our local Ford dealer on Feb. 9, 2019. Ford mechanics checked and verified the error code. They replaced the stock fuel pump and the pump fuse F4.18. On Feb. 19, 2019, the vehicle was ready. Total cost for repair was $1181.57.

Everything is more expensive here!

Leave a comment:

• 2K2BIRD
    replied
    I've had 2 go out - one in the garage, the other in the driveway. If they have to go, home is the best place as far as I'm concerned.

Leave a comment:

• BirdsAndBugs
    replied
    Originally posted by Gobird View Post
    Like I said, mine went at 80,000 miles but it was sitting in the garage. Cost was $800.00.
    Yes, mine gave out when it was in the garage too. Ran fine and parked it one day and the next time I went to start it, it wouldn't turn over.

Leave a comment:

• Gobird
    replied
    Like I said, mine went at 80,000 miles but it was sitting in the garage. Cost was $800.00.

Leave a comment:

• BirdsAndBugs
    replied
    Originally posted by yelobird2002 View Post
    Original pump still in place at 22,329 miles. Car was built June 2001, 20 years ago next month.
    The fuel pump on my grey 03 Thunderbird went out in December 2019. Only a little over 13,000 miles on the car at the time.

Leave a comment:

• yelobird2002
    replied
    Original pump still in place at 22,329 miles. Car was built June 2001, 20 years ago next month.

Leave a comment:

• k-pgarage
    replied
    Yes. One at 4000 miles on one car. The other at 188 miles. Both many years old before fail. Always use stabil and run cars monthly. Nonetheless still failed. Not fun to replace but only due to location behind seats

Leave a comment:

• Ricker
    replied
    I guess not to bad. $900.00 for labor and parts at the ford dealer.

Leave a comment:

• Ricker
    replied
    Yep it's my turn. Fuel pump out at 15750 miles.
    Last edited by Ricker; Mar 25, 2018, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dcrichards
    replied
    Fuel pump went out on my 02 last week. 56K miles.

Leave a comment:

• 428PI
    replied
    My 2003 has over 120k and as far as I know of it's original. I've only replaced one electric fuel pump on any of my Ford's. My 96 Mark VIII failed in my driveway but my son's 93 with over 175k is original, my 94 Vic had 260k, another 94 Vic over 200k, a 2005 Grand Marquis with 242k, and Explorer with 212k are original.

Leave a comment:

• AyPapiii
    replied
    I am thinking the news is much worse than the poll will indicate. Those who have purchased secondhand may have had the pump replaced by a prior owner. Or, if blessed with a memory like mine, may have had it done themselves years before and forgotten.

Thunderbird owners seem to not be like the owners of the old European cars where every service document is retained. Summary documents a couple of times removed aren't the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• carntz
    replied
    Mine failed at 36000 miles when it came out of winter hibernation. My Mechanic said it has a lot to do with ethanol. Not sure that is the reason as I would think that these cars were designed to run on that?

Leave a comment:

• Catherine
    replied
    Same here, '02 with very low miles.

C.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X