PCR hard Top Color Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCR hard Top Color Code

Does anyone know the ford color code for the PCR hard top? Ford calls the color Ash Metallic. I need some touch up paint for mine. I have some small chips around the bottom edge under the rear glass area. Is this a common problem? I suspect these chips came from using the original top storage rack.

Color code is RQ per resident Tbird expert Dot Lang’s website.

http://www.portholeauthority.com/the...4/spec_ed.html

Comment

top color code means nothing except on the order sheets when these cars were new.

Scroll down this page to "Hardtop color codes" and read the middle column about the color starting with the paragraph beginning with GRWE. There are 3 paragraphs to read. Ford failed on keeping a record of the actual paint color code so members here had to do some sleuthing.

any way, read about it on this page: http://www.portholeauthority.com/the.../vincodes.html
      Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

Thanks for jumping in Dot. You are the best.
        GRWE~ Ash Metallic. - from TBN:
        "For anyone who wants to touch up a PCR hardtop, the Code is GRWE. The formula is 82474. Anyway, its a direct match." Not sure if touch up can get you to "repaint", but I tried:)

More from Rory F as to how he got the PCR Formula:
        "Dot, took a three day full time quest. My PCR arrived with some scratches on the bottom of the hardtop. The 'airbrush' touch up company I use had no code, nor did Dupont, Sherwinn Williams or 3M, not even Ford who said 'paint to match'. I finaly went to a distributor who sells paint to body shops and car dealers on the East Coast. They were great. They used microfiche, computers, phone calls, sample books and finally a 'camera' to shoot the hardtop and download the formula into a computer. Even could see how close the metallic particles were. Actually it was pretty interesting.

Finally though, the proof was in the painting. I had the bottom edge painted of my hardtop and it is an exact match. The Basecoat used was Standox Var AF01 CC; Code GRWE; Color Silver Matt (M) Metallic; Formula 82474
        Not sure how much of that info is critical, but any auto paint retailer should be able to mix up a pint. Cost about $25. While I was there, I also bought a pint of the original DV Dupont paint for the body (better for stone chips then the touch up kit) and even the original silver metallic for the wheels." ~ Rory F.

have also been given the code: 3GKEWHA

Trim package codes:
        A=Standard
        68B= Black Accent
        68C=Full Color Accent
        68D=Partial Color Accent
        68E=Saddle interior (full color seats) for 2003

Comment

BillyL, I tried to order roof touch up kits for my PCR over the years at various dealers and all they recognized was the MMG body color; no touch up kits were ever produced for the roof. I even wrote to and then called Ford in Dearborn and they couldn't figure it out either. It was pretty disappointing that the manufacturer dropped the ball on this. 007Cruiser could you tell me who you contacted to order the paint?
          Virginia_PCR (#426/1000)
          Ordered: Jan. 8, '04/Built: Feb. 13, '04
          Delivered: Feb. 25,'04/Sold: Apr. 17, '04

Comment

Elias....I never ordered paint. The info in my post number 4 was from portholeauthority.com. The information was provided by a TBN member in the past. You can probably get your paint from this shop in Charlottesville.

https://www.emautosupply.com/

Be sure to take the information from post 4.

Comment

Thanks to all, especially Miss Dot and Gene. As always the Nest comes through with the answer. My local Ford dealer also could not find the proper paint for me. I will take this new information to a custom paint shop i know. Thanks again!

Comment

Thank You Gene. Appreciate the effort in finding me a paint shop nearby.
                Virginia_PCR (#426/1000)
                Ordered: Jan. 8, '04/Built: Feb. 13, '04
                Delivered: Feb. 25,'04/Sold: Apr. 17, '04

Comment

Working...
                X