X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZTB
    replied
    Originally posted by birdfan View Post
    Great pictures and great cars. They have such fun design and decoration details that today's smooth design cars just don't have.
    Agree...they had personality missing in today's cars.

Leave a comment:

• birdfan
    replied
    Great pictures and great cars. They have such fun design and decoration details that today's smooth design cars just don't have.

Leave a comment:

• BillyL
    replied
    Memories!! My mom bought me a 1963 galaxy 500 convertible (like the red one pictured) in 1964 as a graduation gift. White on white with blue leather bucket seats and center console powered by a 428 . I drove it for ten weeks and totaled it in a rollover at high speed! No injuries due to grace of God and luck of the stupid!

Leave a comment:

• mcondo
    replied
    Wow, beautiful cars. Likely a long, loving story with each of them.

Leave a comment:

• yelobird2002
    replied
    I had a 68 Galaxie 500 Fastback with a Police Interceptor 390. It was a runner.

Leave a comment:

• Rondor
    replied
    Originally posted by 428PI View Post
    Thanks for the pics. My first car was a 65 Galaxie 2dr hrdtp. 390. Barely made it home from the junk yard. Overhauled the 390 with cam, etc. but it wasn't fast enough so found a 428 PI engine. Overhauled it with cam, forged pistons, etc. Made much more torque. This was while I was in high school yet. About 1 panic stop from 60 mph is all the drum manual brakes had in them. Would bury the speedo.
    Got me thinking..,,,,,, back in that era there was 426,327 428, 429, and I think 430 C. I engines on the street.

Leave a comment:

• 428PI
    replied
    Thanks for the pics. My first car was a 65 Galaxie 2dr hrdtp. 390. Barely made it home from the junk yard. Overhauled the 390 with cam, etc. but it wasn't fast enough so found a 428 PI engine. Overhauled it with cam, forged pistons, etc. Made much more torque. This was while I was in high school yet. About 1 panic stop from 60 mph is all the drum manual brakes had in them. Would bury the speedo.

Leave a comment:

• 007Cruiser
    replied
    Out of this world!

Leave a comment:

• 11TH GEN
    started a topic Ford Galaxie Convention

Ford Galaxie Convention

For the Galaxie forum members. A friend on another forum sent me this and I wanted to share with the Galaxie guys here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rickpa...57710532181546
Working...
X