Throwback Thursdays - A Trip Down TBN Memory Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwback Thursdays - A Trip Down TBN Memory Lane

I'm starting this thread as a reminder of all the great times we've had over the years thanks to TBN. I'll post a photo of a piece of memorabilia or a quote from the past and ask folks to answer some questions about it. Let's see what we all remember.

This 1st piece of memorabilia is a picture of Rosetta and I posing in Jewel during an event. All the attendees at this event received a similar photo.

20200423_101553.jpg

Here are some questions for you to try to answer regarding it:

1. What event was this picture taken at?

2. Where and when was the event held?

3. Which two TBN members were primaily responsible for staging, taking and printing these pictures for the attendees?

I'll add a new entry every Thursday until I run out of stuff or ideas.
    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

boy were you young.........then

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
      boy were you young.........then
      My first thought too!

This was b4 my time. I have no clue other than Destin being an early event. Good idea for a thread, Paul. This should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post

My first thought too!

This was b4 my time. I have no clue other than Destin being an early event. Good idea for a thread, Paul. This should be interesting.
        I think you are on to something. A little detective work through the site can go a long way.....More fun for someone that was there to do it from memory.

Comment

Thunderbird Destination

Destin Fl. I think Sept 2002

3. Which two TBN members were primaily responsible for staging, taking and printing these pictures for the attendees?
          T-Bird Tim & Jolja but is questionable.

I'll add a new entry every Thursday until I run out of stuff or ideas

.I was there and helped wash every car that attended. Also first time I made a mucic CD for a TBN Event.
          They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
          IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
          Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Originally posted by Gobird View Post
            Thunderbird Destination
            Correct!
            Destin Fl. I think Sept 2002
            Correct Location! Incorrect Date!
            T-Bird Tim & Jolja but is questionable.
            Incorrect on both!

I was there and helped wash every car that attended. Also first time I made a mucic CD for a TBN Event.

Surely there are still some other folks around that can fill in the blanks. Spence's CDs are legendary and could have a whole category of their own.
            Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Apr 23, 2020, 11:59 PM.
            21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Spence’s CDs are the ultimate event memorabilia. I always have at least one in my changer.

Comment

Funny, I was one of the original planners of Thunderbird Destination and I never knew about these pictures and, of course, never received one.
                Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidA View Post
                  Funny, I was one of the original planners of Thunderbird Destination and I never knew about these pictures and, of course, never received one.
                  It was just the picture of course, not the frame. We lined up and stopped at the spot we were told to so the picture could be made. I think it was an impromptu activity, not necessarily on the agenda. Perhaps you were busy doing some offical planners duties at the time. Then again you may have one somewhere, after all you've slept a lot in almost 18 years. If I had not put it in the frame all those years ago, I likely wouldn't have remembered it either.

Hint for the day - the responsible parties came to the event together.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post

It was just the picture of course, not the frame. We lined up and stopped at the spot we were told to so the picture could be made. I think it was an impromptu activity, not necessarily on the agenda. Perhaps you were busy doing some offical planners duties at the time. Then again you may have one somewhere, after all you've slept a lot in almost 18 years. If I had not put it in the frame all those years ago, I likely wouldn't have remembered it either.

Hint for the day - the responsible parties came to the event together.
                    Paul, that was before my time in TBN, but would that have been Jerry and Karyl Pressley?
                    Sam

Comment

I think the date was October 2002
                      Birds of the 48
                      15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

Originally posted by 2Redbirds57/02 View Post

Paul, that was before my time in TBN, but would that have been Jerry and Karyl Pressley?
                        Sorry, Sam .... Incorrect!

Comment

Originally posted by 15AGAIN View Post
                          I think the date was October 2002
                          Correct!

Bill, do you have a similar picture in your memorabilia somewhere? I bet you probably do.

Comment

Over 24 hours later so we'll wrap up this week's Throwback Thursday .....

This 1st piece of memorabilia is a picture of Rosetta and I posing in Jewel during an event. All the attendees at this event received a similar photo.

20200423_101553.jpg

Thunderbird Destination - TBN's 1st Event

Sandestin Resort Destin, Florida in October 2002

Joy Trexler-Carr (TBN handle - Joybird) and Helen Leashefski (TBN handle - Hel) set up the photo shoot. They were very active in the early years of TBN. Sadly, Joy passed away in 2017.
                            Last edited by 2K2BIRD; Apr 24, 2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Here's the picture when we were leaving Destin

2002 Destin Tbird.jpg
                              Attached Files
                              Birds of the 48
                              15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

Working...
                              X