aftermarket radios with display and rear view camera capability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doc View Post
    With the modern radio/backup camera systems, when you connect to your phone (android in my case) to an app like Waze for example, does the map appear on the screen? If not, what does appear? Thanks!
    If your radio has Apple Car Play and Waze is installed on your phone, you will see the app on the radio screen,
    That's with an iPhone, I can't speak to what an Android does..

Comment

Originally posted by Suefio View Post
      Hi Frank:

thank you for that info. It will be very helpful for the installers. I called the place that Gene recommended a they quoted me a price of $700 for the Alpine Radio system installation plus an additional $275 for the back up camera. The starter is $300, not worth it. Car is garage kept. He also said it may be somewhat difficult in the bird.

I’m going to try for one more quote and see what I get.
      I'm gonna just say if that is a reputable shop that price is not unreasonable....

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
        With the modern radio/backup camera systems, when you connect to your phone (android in my case) to an app like Waze for example, does the map appear on the screen? If not, what does appear? Thanks!
        I have an android and when I had this installed professionally they asked which I had (I phone or android) blue tooth always through radio but to get on screen apps I have a usb port to plug phone into and all is on screen, only thing I use is GPS from phone but it shows on screen till unplugged from usb
        figured I needed something here

Comment

Thanks Keith and Frank--much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X