Small toggle switch under dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBIRD View Post
    I'm thinking of all the Bird owners with sore backs today after checking under their car's dash for a toggle switch! (Me included.) We don't have one, by the way!
    I thought of that and quickly put it out of my mind as I already go to enough doctors.

Comment

No idea what this is. I have had mine from new also and nothing like this is in my T-Bird. Has to be something dealer installed. I picked up my Bird the second day it was delivered to the dealer.
      They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
      IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
      Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Originally posted by 5bird7 View Post
        puzzle. do want to see where this is located in the car. subscribed to this thread.
        It is located just above where your left leg would be just under the dash. The car was purchased new at at John Kennedy Ford in Feasterville Pa.

JR

Comment

Thanks for the info, John.
          Be just what you is, not what you is not. Folks what do this is the happiest lot.....Mr. Wizard the Lizard

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know for sure if they are genuine.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

That doesn't look like something a dealer would normally install.....it looks a fairly generic (and cheap) Radio Shack style toggle switch that you drill a hole to install and run an escutcheon nut on from the outside to secure it, not pretty but gets the job done. But I guess we'll see. Does the car have the factory Traction Control pushbutton in a depression just over the driver's left knee ?
            Last edited by Frank Dreano; Nov 15, 2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dreano View Post
              Does the car have the factory Traction Control pushbutton in a depression just over the driver's left knee ?
              That I will have to see this weekend. The car is currently in Pa and I live in S. Jersey.

JR

Comment

Originally posted by 6663a View Post

It is located just above where your left leg would be just under the dash. The car was purchased new at at John Kennedy Ford in Feasterville Pa.

JR
                Dot, you should check the VIN, maybe it had the rocket launcher option from the factory

www.thunderbirdbob.com

Comment

Curious that the black plastic piece around the toggle looks to have a rounded edge like it was a molded opening, not a drilled/cut hole. If it is a post-manufacture addition maybe they used an existing access through the plastic for a fastener or something?

Comment

To paraphrase Deep Throat in All the President's Men, "Follow the wires".
                    Now when you're feelin' low
                    And the fish won't bite
                    You need a little bit o' soul
                    To put you right

Comment

If this was installed at the factory they would have used a FORD switch in a parts bin, not something that looks like that. So that leaves the Dealer. My running theory is that the dealer installed something for a buyer and the deal fell apart

Comment

Last edited by Lakebum; Yesterday, 10:50 AM.

Comment

IS IT NO LONGER POSSIBLE TO EDIT A POST??
                          Last edited by Lakebum; Nov 29, 2021, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakebum View Post
                            IS IT NO LONGER POSSIBLE TO EDIT A POST???
                            I see an "Edit" button next to my "Quote" button. Does yours not have the "Edit"?
                            Now when you're feelin' low
                            And the fish won't bite
                            You need a little bit o' soul
                            To put you right

Comment

I only see the “quote” icon, no edit one for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobnoir1 View Post

I see an "Edit" button next to my "Quote" button. Does yours not have the "Edit"?
                                I have the edit button but I tried several times last night and again this morning to correct the spelling in my post above the one in red and was unable to edit/correct my spelling.. Never had a problem in the past and I have a bad habit of using a tablet to post sometimes and my posts look like gibberish until I edit them...

FIGURED IT OUT.. WEIRD ONE- NOT LEAVING A SPACE BETWEEN THE LAST LETTER AND THE SMILIE APPEARS TO THE REASON.. I WENT IN AND EDITED SEVERAL OF MY OLD POSTS AND NO PROBLEM.. I REMEMBER TRYING TO REMOVE THE SMILEY AND I COULD NOT? LIVE AND LEARN..

NOW BACK TO OUR ORIGINAL SCHEDULED PROGRAM!

Where are the wires on the toggle switch going?
                                Last edited by Lakebum; Yesterday, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X