CTCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTCI

CTCI will now allow us to join! Thanks to Ralph Cowell our CTCI rep! This has NOT been officially announced but will be soon.
    Last edited by BLACK BEAUTY; Jun 17, 2022, 04:12 PM.

Who needs them? TBN has been getting along for 20 years without these clubs, so who cares. And for 20 years these clubs If you want to join one of the clubs fine but for myself I don't need them. For 20 years these clubs have looked down on TBN because they thought they were better then TBN. Now that they are seeing declining membership they are willing to except TBN You do what you like but for me I'm not going to bite ,

Years ago I tried to get all the t-Bird clubs under one name and could not get any cooperation from any of them, So my feeling is screw them.

This all happened before Greg joined TBN so he has no idea what happened at the time.
    Last edited by Gobird; Jun 17, 2022, 04:50 PM.
    They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
    IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
    Visit the TBN Store

Comment

A nice baby bird story:

https://mikebrewermotoring.com/featu...7-thunderbird/

Comment

Here's what their latest post on Facebook says. My take is they are happy to take your membership money, but the only cars they'll continue to recognize are baby birds. I'm sure their membership is dying off way faster than they are adding new members that actually have 55-57 Tbirds. Why would anyone want to join a club that your car would be considered a second class member?

Screenshot_20220618-070718_Samsung Internet.jpg

​​​​​​​
        19 years, 168K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Originally posted by 007Cruiser View Post
          She looks good in pink.
          Sam

Comment

Why would I want to join an organization that would encourage people like myself to become members.

Groucho Marx

Comment

Any organization has its own focus, interests and expectations (not just automobile organizations).

I have owned T-birds for over 60 years and have belonged to two of the best known clubs for almost as long. While I have been to three national meets they are not anything I am currently capable of attending on a regular basis. I keep in both clubs to stay in touch with what is going on with T-birds since I still own the years they represent. Just like this on-line club, I have been unable to attend events due to circumstances, but still learn a lot and enjoy the discussions and banter. I enjoy what I can and ignore the rest without criticism.

Comments on being a lower class member can't even begin to imagine what I have endured owning a 1980 T-bird. I bought it new, it is still in excellent unrestored condition and I am proud to show it. HOWEVER, the '80 T-bird is regularly and often maligned and bashed in every T-bird club/show/publication by other T-bird owners. I even had a popular member of this forum, who was on the manufacturing team for the 1980, come up to me at a T-bird show and tell me what an awful car it was!

Why do I relate this story? Because even though this person was panning the car I was standing in front of and showing, I asked him to explain what he meant. We had a good conversation about the initiation of that model and the reasons for his comment. I was glad to glean the information and understand his position. We met a couple of more times and each time I would say, "I'm the one with the 1980", then we would have a good laugh and continue to talk about other things.

That car was a common connection that would bring us together. And that is the way I view these clubs. Celebrate your common interest, enjoy what you like, and don't let the other things turn you off.

OK, off my soap box now...

Comment

Right on John..

Comment

Too little, too late as far as I'm concerned. They should have recognized ALL TBirds years ago. Now that they are a dying club, they want us. NOT ME!
                  Unbelivable TBN trips including ALL of the lower 48 States plus 9 Canadian Provinces, 8 European Countries, 3 Caribbean Countries, Countless National Parks and have attended well over 100 TBN Events since 2001 and counting. Best of all ... fabulous friends.

Comment

My interest is in the melding of our 'retro' club of maybe 30 members, with the Classic Thunderbird Club which is a sanctioned CTCI club. The Classic club is including a member of our club on its board of directors. My other interest in this happening is the fact that Ralph Cowell their President and organizer has a ton of activities planned. One of which is the regional CTCI convention at Sumter Landing with clubs invited from Sarasota to Gainesville!..they're estimating close to 100 Thunderbirds!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                      My interest is in the melding of our 'retro' club of maybe 30 members, with the Classic Thunderbird Club which is a sanctioned CTCI club. The Classic club is including a member of our club on its board of directors. My other interest in this happening is the fact that Ralph Cowell their President and organizer has a ton of activities planned. One of which is the regional CTCI convention at Sumter Landing with clubs invited from Sarasota to Gainesville!..they're estimating close to 100 Thunderbirds!
                      Greg, first of all, you don't have to own a 55-57 Thunderbird to join CTCI. You can join if you want and if you have a great CTCI chapter in your area that that has some fun events and welcomes participation from Thunderbird owners outside of their normal scope; then by all means go and enjoy. But don't expect some big "melding".

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsAndBugs View Post
                        But don't expect some big "melding".
                        Unless Spock has a TBird of course!

Screenshot 2022-06-23 081844.jpg

Bird is the word.....
                        Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsAndBugs View Post

Greg, first of all, you don't have to own a 55-57 Thunderbird to join CTCI. You can join if you want and if you have a great CTCI chapter in your area that that has some fun events and welcomes participation from Thunderbird owners outside of their normal scope; then by all means go and enjoy. But don't expect some big "melding".
                          Greg my good friend Ralph is big in CTCI. He said the last vote to include us was defeated by one vote. He also told me that 9 of their 'classic' members own retros too..

Comment

I can understand why some folks think the only true 2 seat Thunderbird was the 1955-1957. And it's true they are the "Ancestors" of the 11th generation. But realistically if you want to have a car that is a true "really personal Thunderbird " car that can also be a daily driver, it is without a doubt the 11th generation. When I bought my 2005 in 2006 I immediately started road trip plans. And in 2009 I took "Annie" on a 12,000 mile road trip with a navigator who had lost an eye from Cancer. I doubt if anyone would have attempted that in 2009 with a "Baby Bird". But, and I mean this, my love affair with the Thunderbird started with a drive in a 1956 Tbird when I was 16 years old.
                            sigpic

Comment

Today we meet with the classic club to meld the two organizations..I maybe on the board..we'll see. We will finally have a total Thunderbird Club!

Comment

Working...
                              X