Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We sure are going to try to make it . We will be coming from West Branch Michigan.
    Be good and if you can't be good be careful.

Comment

Local arrangements are coming along nicely. The hotel is great and convenient. Most activities are set up as a menu for do it yourself planning. You do NOT need to be an ITC member to attend, the event is open to ALL Thunderbirds.
      I'm looking forward to seeing TBN friends again
      Steve Legel
      http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...ad.php?t=15130

Comment

I'm not positive but I think I went to this event in 2010 with the Metzgers. They lived in Canton, Michigan (west of Dearborn). I remember seeing every generation was represented, some really beautiful Baby Birds, Square birds, and Bullet Birds and many of our 11th generation Birds. They had an outdoors banquet in front of The Ford hotel too. I also saw Dot and George Lang there, maybe Dot remembers if it was this or the 55th Thunderbird anniversary event.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 65TBSTEVE View Post
          Thinking of stopping to see friends in Kalamazoo on the way to DEARBORN….will think more about this and post our plans.
          Steve don't miss the Gilmore Collection in Kalamazoo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post
            I'm not positive but I think I went to this event in 2010 with the Metzgers. They lived in Canton, Michigan (west of Dearborn). I remember seeing every generation was represented, some really beautiful Baby Birds, Square birds, and Bullet Birds and many of our 11th generation Birds. They had an outdoors banquet in front of The Ford hotel too. I also saw Dot and George Lang there, maybe Dot remembers if it was this or the 55th Thunderbird anniversary event.
            Cal I believe that was a VTCI Event in 2010
            sigpic

Comment

Yes Jim, the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan is a must-see for all car lovers! When we went to the Thunderbird 60th Celebration in Dearborn in 2015, a large group of us toured around the state of Michigan before ending in Dearborn and that fantastic museum with several outbuildings was one of our many stops. The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn is also a must-see. We look forward to seeing it again as it is constantly updated. MAYBE Steve Legel would open up “his” Thunderbird memorabilia place for TBN members to visit???….just a hint!!! Hope to see you again, Jim, at the Reunion.

Comment

Originally posted by 65TBSTEVE View Post
                Yes Jim, the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan is a must-see for all car lovers! When we went to the Thunderbird 60th Celebration in Dearborn in 2015, a large group of us toured around the state of Michigan before ending in Dearborn and that fantastic museum with several outbuildings was one of our many stops. The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn is also a must-see. We look forward to seeing it again as it is constantly updated. MAYBE Steve Legel would open up “his” Thunderbird memorabilia place for TBN members to visit???….just a hint!!! Hope to see you again, Jim, at the Reunion.
                Totally agree with you Steve! The first time I went to the Gilmore they had a building for Drag Race cars. At the end of the building was an exhibit hooked up to a recording of a Top Fuel Dragster going down a 1/4 mile track. The sound and video was started by pushing a Red button. The first thing Brian Metzger did was push the button. It's speaker was on the floor and was about 12 feet long and labelled Bose Acoustic Cannon. The entire museum immediately emptied of people except the two of us. It must have been 100 decibels!
                Last edited by EllisonCal; Mar 6, 2023, 11:11 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Hope everyone has a wonderful time. I will not be able to attend this event due to many family events happening the month of August and I will be out of the country during these dates.
                  "It's not ALL about the cars.
                  Its about the people who drive them." --Tom Aglio

Comment

Reservations made !

Comment

Joe and Marie……so glad you are planning on attending. See you there. Steve and Karen

Comment

MTT
                        They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
                        IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                        Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Reservations are made,

Comment

For those of us going to the Thunderbird Reunion in Dearborn, we can highly recommend visiting the Henry Ford Museum one of the days we are there. Haven’t been there in 20 years since we moved to Florida, but it is well worth the visit to see the ever-changing displays and terrific auto collection. Also to consider is the Motown Museum.

Comment

Good suggestion Steve.

Comment

Paul Thomas has been compiling a list of TBN members who have expressed interest in attending the Thunderbird Reunion in Dearborn planned for August 23-27, 2023. Since Karen and I lived in the Detroit metro area for 26 years before retiring to Florida in 2003, Paul has asked us to come up with a compressed list of recommended venues to visit on Thursday, Friday, and possibly Wednesday afternoon for those arriving early.
                                1. Edsel Ford Home in Grosse Pointe - the beautiful estate of Edsel & Eleanor Ford. Group guided tours available for parties of 10 or more. Visit website: fordhouse.org
                                2. Motown Museum - “the beating heart of the extraordinary Motown legacy”. Guided tours available with a capacity of 15. Website: motownmuseum.org
                                3. Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage & National Hudson Motor Car Company - a great museum with other orphan cars on display. ypsiautoheritage.org
                                4. Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn - Ever-changing wonderful displays, so even if you have attended before, there is always something new to discover. site: thehenryford.org
                                5. Rouse Automotive Collection - a 30,000 sf museum with a wide variety of displays and 110+ vehicles dedicated to the preservation of Roush Enterprises. roushcollection.com
                                6. Yankee Air Museum - This is the only suggested Friday venue destination by the Reunion Committee. Thunderbirds will caravan from the hotel to the museum in Belleville, just west of Dearborn. (A terrific book to read about how Ford Motor Company went from making automobiles to producing bombers that made the difference between winning and losing WWII for the United States is “The Arsenal of Democracy” by A.J. Blaime). Website: yankeeairmuseum.org

This list is only suggested places to visit to help you plan your time in the Dearborn/Detroit area. Private message me if you have questions or other suggestions at: 65tbsteve. It will be great to get us TBN’ers together again at “HOME IN DEARBORN” and promises to be “fun, fun, fun”!!!
                                Last edited by 65TBSTEVE; May 19, 2023, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X