No announcement yet.

What Did You Do With Your Tbird Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I charged the battery overnight and a check with my meter showed me 12.1v as I disconnected it. Next day I attached it to the WW and it refused to start and after say 1 minute or so the battery went completely flat again. Took it to AutoZone and they believe it will not hold a charge and has a bad cell. Oh boy, went to the Ford dealership and to have them honor the warranty but they wanted to see a sales receipt which I DO NOT have, I tried to convince them the battery had a sticker showing it was either manufactured or sold 09/16. I'm not in the mood to fight this so I searched for a battery and found one at TASCA Ford for about $116.00, (they have to ship it) but as I want it now I found the same Motorcraft BXT-66-750 at O'Reilly's Auto Parts for $139.00. Good deal and I should receive it tomorrow.
    Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

Originally posted by ISSYRO View Post
      I charged the battery overnight and a check with my meter showed me 12.1v as I disconnected it. Next day I attached it to the WW and it refused to start and after say 1 minute or so the battery went completely flat again. Took it to AutoZone and they believe it will not hold a charge and has a bad cell. Oh boy, went to the Ford dealership and to have them honor the warranty but they wanted to see a sales receipt which I DO NOT have, I tried to convince them the battery had a sticker showing it was either manufactured or sold 09/16. I'm not in the mood to fight this so I searched for a battery and found one at TASCA Ford for about $116.00, (they have to ship it) but as I want it now I found the same Motorcraft BXT-66-750 at O'Reilly's Auto Parts for $139.00. Good deal and I should receive it tomorrow.
      Buyer beware.

I replaced the battery in April 2019 with another Motorcraft BXT-66-750. The battery I replaced had been installed in August 2014 by a dealer, but I noticed it had a manufacture date of March 2014.

I called 3 Ford dealers and the Lincoln dealer in San Antonio. All had the battery in stock, but when I asked them to check the manufacture date, the latest was April 2017. The Lincoln parts manager admitted that the battery she had should have been replaced long ago. I finally ordered a new one which arrived a day later with a manufacture date of February 2019.

This is apparently a low demand item that can stay on the shelf for a long time. Buyer beware.

At the end of the day, the prorated cost for the new battery was $56.29 including sales tax. Proration was based on the original installation date, which one of the Ford dealers had the gall to use as a reason to try to sell me a 2016 battery to install in 2019. No thank you.

Comment

Today I installed the port hole decals I purchased from fellow TBNer Jeff Poole. The eched glass look really is nice on the ash colored top of the PCR. The instructions he included were very detailed and made for an easy job. Thanks Jeff!! Now if this virus mandated "shelter in place" will pass, I can drive the bird and see who notices the emblem in the window.

Comment

It's that "Shelter in place" action that will possibly save your life!
          If they had mandated that all must stay in doors and avoid contact, this virus could have been stopped well sooner.
          We have people here demanding that our Government make a mercy flight to bring them home from the Middle East! Where that family flew there to have a reported Birthday Party. They left Canada on February the 6th when parts of the world were shutting down. It is stupidity in my mind that has caused this pandemic to grow to its current level, and will kill many.
          Self isolation and "shelter in place" reduces the exposure and basically stops the transmission of the BUG and it in time dies, from lack of Hosts.

Comment

$2431...radiator flush new parts and cap, plus throttle body..runs good now. 2 year parts and labor from Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CROW View Post
              It's that "Shelter in place" action that will possibly save your life!
              If they had mandated that all must stay in doors and avoid contact, this virus could have been stopped well sooner.
              9BDA87B4-557A-4672-BB8E-B7AA1E7A7A6C.jpeg

Comment

I crawled around on the floor with a handful of microfiber and a can of citrol 226 tar remover. Stuff did an amazing job removing all tar spots and splatters along with yellow road paint specs. Then washed the lower panels again in the garage with small amount of dawn dishsoap to remove any residual residue...yes dawn dishsoap. It does a great job. I then rewaxed and sealed lower panels and rockers with Mequires glaze. Two coats. Ill tell you what...youd swear my PCR is brand spanking new it is so clean and shining. Zero evidence of road grime anywhere. Now thats more like it. 4 hours total. What can i say Im a perfectionist.

Comment

sundae.JPG
                  BOGO Banana Splits today at Culver's drive thru.
                  Sitting in the Merlot on a sunny day with sundae.
                  sigpic

Comment

And possibly exposing your self to the VIRUS. No one knows who coughed in your vicinity, or what viral trade wind carried it to you. VERY REMOTE BUT POSSIBLE. Who knows how the ice cream boat holding your treat was handled before you got it, or if a server washed and sanitized them selves before scooping that ice milk.
                    Its the reason for "Shelter in Place" postings, to remove/reduce the exposure risk. Until all stay inside, this ANIMAL will keep biting.
                    We are moving to be walking dead.

Comment

Yesterday after finishing my part time gig at the clinic pharmacy, we needed a few things from the grocery store, so Rosetta and I decided to take Jewel out for a little top down battery charging/fluid moving exercise since it was sunny and 82 degrees outside. We ended up in Muskogee, where we went to Aldi's, a grocery store we don't have in Tahlequah.

Also, while were there we took advantage of filling up the tank at Walmart. Premium costs the same there as 87 octane does in our town, so between the decreased prices for gas and groceries the trip and fun we had taking it were essentially free. We don't normally take the T-bird to get groceries, but since she had been sitting awhile it seemed like an okay thing to do this time.

20200325_201404.jpg
                      21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post

Also, while were there we took advantage of filling up the tank at Walmart. Premium costs the same there as 87 octane does in our town
                        You have some great prices there, Paul. Our lowest price is $1.999 and that’s for just regular. Most premium is around $2.40. The difference is likely state tax.

Comment

Oh this seclusion is driving me crazy! To continue my battery story, I installed the new one and the car started right up, I ran the procedure for new battery and had to reset the window drops. All good now and just waiting to take the hard top off soon, luckily my sister is around town so I may volunteer her to help me soon. Claudia cannot help with the lift TBN on Grill.jpg as she has a bad shoulder. I added the TBN grill badge to the WW this morning and it looks good, already had one on the PCR

I need to take a cruise so badly, lord knows when that will be safe enough; cannot wait.
                          Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

Oh this seclusion is driving me crazy! To continue my battery story, I installed the new one and the car started right up, I ran the procedure for new battery and had to reset the window drops. All good now and just waiting to take the hard top off soon, luckily my sister is around town so I may volunteer her to help me soon. Claudia cannot help with the lift TBN on Grill.jpg as she has a bad shoulder. I added the TBN grill badge to the WW this morning and it looks good, already had one on the PCR

I need to take a cruise so badly, lord knows when that will be safe enough; cannot wait.
                            What would be the risk to take a drive, staying in the car all the while?
                            Quickdraw
                            Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

Just make sure you have a new cabin filter and you keep the a/c on "inside air". Just kidding. I'm pretty sure the atmosphere is still safe.
                              sigpic

Comment

Izzy
                                Think again about taking your hard top off now!!
                                Here in Georgia we need to wait till after pollen season. You don’t want that yellow pollen in your soft top!!

Comment

Working...
                                X