Clear All

Re: Grits poll

I wish!
    They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
    IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
    Visit the TBN Store

Comment

The Pennsylvania Dutch aren't Dutch they are German. When they first came and settled, people would ask where they were from and the answer was, "Deutchsland". Not sure if I'm right on the spelling for Germany. That is why they eat German style food.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead99
        ..... eat German style food.
        I knew they had food in Germany, but style....
        Sometimes Birds travel far...
        Dutch T-Bird
        tbirdregistry.com No. 27947

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead99
          The Pennsylvania Dutch aren't Dutch they are German. When they first came and settled, people would ask where they were from and the answer was, "Deutchsland". Not sure if I'm right on the spelling for Germany. That is why they eat German style food.
          Give the man his prize. You're exactly right.
          Lake Tahoe Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by FritsB
            Sounds to me Don and Spence you have to come for dinner some time. I can make you some real Dutch winter food. I just made a huge pan of 'erwtensoep met rookworst'. Now that is something you guys should taste.

And talking about Zuurkool (Sauerkraut is German... Spence ) with mashed potatoes, mustard and speck..jummie
            Fried potato cakes, Red Kraut, & Schnitzl, and a few slammers.
            5.7x28mm

Comment

I was skiing in Austria many many years ago and the food was wonderful! They had chalets on the hills that you could stop in for a hearty lunch. I remember they had a soup, I cannot remember the name, and some hot fresh baked bread. Man does that beat the hamburgers and such we sell on the slopes.

Also, we found out that each establishment had their own variety of 'house schnaaps" not to be confused with "hot schnaaps." Yep, someone in our group learned that one first hand. YIKES!

Comment

So...this Is What It Has Boiled Down To ....talking About Grits...what A Sorry Ass Situation We Are In...i'm Ready To Vote For The Guys Who Want To Keep It All Thunderbird Related!!!

And Those Of Us From The North Are Taling About Italian Dishes

Martha Stewart Made A Fortune Out Of This....

Can't Us Guys Talk About Something That Rhymes With Grits?...i Know Taflocks Would Love It....no , Not The Grits.....

Comment

["It Has Boiled Down To ....talking About Grits.."]

"Boiled Down?" "Grits??"

Oh, look, Rhonda, that nice Yankee guy made a joke!

Comment

Grits on a ritz?
                    5.7x28mm

Comment

No, Gritz on a Ritz!
                      Lake Tahoe Cruiser

Comment

sad isn't it !!!

Comment

Gritz on a Ritz eaten by Fritz.

Oh, Mark..not sad...grits are happy food. Come to my house and I will have Jerry make some for you and Annie and you will be sad to go home!
                          (the only cooks when she has to..)

Comment

NEWS FLASH, I just read this in the Enquirer so it must be true!

The GREAT GRITS BLOB is headed for Baltimore Maryland. Reports coming in say it is eating everthing in site along it's path. You are advised to bring your pets indoors. The governor has called out the National Guard and has declaired a state of panic for the area. DO NOT leave your house, if for some reason you have to run out to the Mini Mart for something: First: Open your door very slowly and listen. The GREAT GRITS BLOB makes a distinct sound. Slosh,slosh,sloshing sound as it rolls along and consumes everything in it's path.

The authorizes are talking about ways to rid us of this growing menice. It would seem the only way to eliminate the GREAT GRITS BLOB is to nuke it !! Authorizes are advising the general public to listen for the warning sirens to sound. When this happends you are advised to craw under the nearest old school desk, 50's vintage, and Duck and Cover. If for some reason you don't have an old school desk sitting around your house a dinning room table will also work. After you hear the BIG WIND blow by your house from the blast it will be safe to exit into the street and take souvenirs of the GRITS BLOB.

Now you all be safe and have a Nice Day.
                            They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
                            IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                            Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Karyl,

A northern joke followed by another attempt.

Slosh,slosh,sloshing - ???? - Grits done right don't slosh!

There's hope for them yet.
                              R.
                              Be who you are... and say what you feel...Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss
                              Through and through G.R.I.T.S.

Comment

Since you are all writing Frits with a ZZZZZZ, I would like to donate some GritZZZZZZZZ here
                                Sometimes Birds travel far...
                                Dutch T-Bird
                                tbirdregistry.com No. 27947

Comment

Working...
                                X