Boys of Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBIRDY
    OK OK Lee, after tonight you'll be 1 and 2.
    And the most awful thing is that Boston's winning pitcher, yesterday, Curt Schilling, has won 163 regular season games, since the Orioles traded him in 1991.
    In that trade the Orioles also traded Pete Harnisch, who won 95 games afterwards, and Steve Finley, who played 13 more years and hit .276, with 249 homeruns, lifetime.
    In return, the Orioles got Glenn Davis, who lasted for 3 years, and hit around .230, with 24 homeruns total.
    Lee Clarke
    2003 T'bird, white/white ht/partial white accent
    2/24/04 - 6/18/04

Comment

So Lee, the moral of your story is that anyone who trades with Baltimore will get the better deal. OK Boston you hear that go get some good players from down south a piece.
      The Red Sox are also doing weekend seminars with the Patriots on how to win the big one at the show. I understand each session is $1M which is well worth it since after talent winning is a mindset and a little bit of luck.
      http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...00&ppuser=1190
      '03 T-Bird -Torch Red
      '05 T-Bird - Inca Gold
      '13 Mustang BOSS 302
      '

Comment

TBIRDY, where did you get that serious competitive streak? Dang, now you're even dissin' my dog, my sweet sweet chocolate labby Snickers. I've just never gotten into baseball, it's too slow for me. Plus all the players do is spit and scratch their private parts.

Spectator golf on TV is slow too, but they keep the pace of action up by moving all over the course showing all the different players and shots. Who do you like in the Masters this week? I think we should all root for Phil Mickelson, mainly for two reasons: great first name, and great shirt logo [Ford blue oval].

PS- Brush that mutt, will ya?

PSPS- Baseball
        PK- 2002 Premium Blue/Full Accent/Whisper White Top VIN#16336
        Built April 22, 2002
        Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
          So Lee, the moral of your story is that anyone who trades with Baltimore will get the better deal....
          Bruce,
          I'm afraid it has turned out that way, since the early 1990's; BUT, this is a new year.
          Lee Clarke
          2/24/04 - 6/18/04

Comment

Originally posted by FUN X 3
            Baseball
            PK,
            Yeah, well we spent last night at a Holiday Inn Express.
            Lee Clarke
            2/24/04 - 6/18/04

Comment

Lee, darn we missed all the good picks? Story of Bean Town's Soxs.
              http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/membe...00&ppuser=1190
              '03 T-Bird -Torch Red
              '05 T-Bird - Inca Gold
              '13 Mustang BOSS 302
              '

Comment

Originally posted by TBIRDY
                OK OK Lee, after tonight you'll be 1 and 2.
                Right you are, Patti.
                O's lost to Red Sox, 10 to 3.
                I'm afraid, it is going to be a long season.
                Lee Clarke
                2/24/04 - 6/18/04

Comment

Re: Boys of Summer

PK - we are kindred spirits! (see post #48) How did you know I BET Mickelson to win the Masters this weekend? I bet him 8-1. I've bet him in the last bunch of "majors" because he has to win the "big one" some day! Looks like he's not gonna do it this weekend either...I think he's "even" before Sat.'s round, but I'm still routing for him.) And yes, I'm too competive for my own good! Speaking of which, I played my first 18 hole round on Thursday and I'm playing today (Sat.) up in N.H. How do you think I make my extra $$$$ for all my toys?
                  My Jakey Poo doesn't need a good brushin, he just came from the groomer and he's still mad at me!
                  PS - I take him to my home course sometimes to chase the geese. He loves it and he looks so dawg-gone cute in the Bird!
                  He's a real bird-dog.
                  Last edited by TBIRDY; Apr 11, 2004, 04:36 AM.
                  2003 Mountain Shadow Gray

Comment

I had no idea you were betting the mortgage on one of my favorite players, but you're in better shape than you say...he's -3 going into Saturday- tied for third, he's in great shape. And he's also got a new strategy, one that people have been trying to tell him for years...ratchet back the power and bring in some control. It's working. Look for him in one of the final twosomes on Sunday in contention to win. Good luck.

PS- I saw on ESPN that the baseball season has started...
                    Last edited by FUN X 3; Apr 10, 2004, 09:48 AM.
                    Built April 22, 2002
                    Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

Update...Mickelson three-under through ten, now at -6 and in the lead by himself.
                      Built April 22, 2002
                      Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

Tied with DiMarco in first place going into Sunday. Keep our fingers crossed! yooHoo
                        Attached Files
                        2003 Mountain Shadow Gray

Comment

What an incredible Masters...WAY TO GO Phil Mickelson!!! Best Masters I've ever watched. Patti, how much did you win?? Congrats to you, too!

Comment

Meanwhile, back on the Diamond.........

I really do want the SOX, but 4 walk's in the 13th, ouch!! Okay, okay, it's early, I'll still vote SOX...

Comment

Congratulations to Phil Mickelson! :worship:

2004 Masters Champion!

May it be the first of many major tournament wins!
                              Built April 22, 2002
                              Purchased July 24, 2002

Comment

Gotta get in some NL West comments

GOooo GIANTS
                                Attached Files
                                Frank
                                FEs Tbird
                                03 Whisper White, White Top, White Partial Accent, Chrome Hood Bezel, Porthole Emblem Decals, Visor Emblem Decals, Tbird Floormats, TBN Grill Badge

Comment

Working...
                                X