VAbird05-Marilyn Burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAbird05-Marilyn Burns

Just got off the phone with her cousin, Marilyn passed around 1 am this morning. She had been in rehab for maybe the last 3 weeks after a hospital stay for COPD. I had talked to her Saturday afternoon and she was great and looking forward to getting home. Joey said that she slipped into a coma yesterday and passed peacefully. I will miss her. We met here and emailed each other every morning for the last 12 years.
    Alison

So sorry to hear this. Iíve often wondered how she was doing. She was a delight to have on the forum. I will say a prayer for her and all who love her.

Comment

Yes, sorry to hear this...
      Quickdraw
      Raccoon Lodge Administrator

Comment

So sorry to hear of Marilyn's passing. She was a nice addition to the conversation around here back in the day. We were also fortunate enough to meet her at an event or two, though I can't for the life of me remember which one(s).

RIP Marilyn and prayers for your friends and family as they mourn your loss.
        19 years, 168K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

So sorry, too, about her passing. Emailed with her for several years but lost touch in the last few. Good wit about her.
          Participate in Thunderbird of the Month for 2022 calendar
          Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64
          Porthole Authority
          TBN TOTM 2021 Calendars free to download.

Comment

Did not have the priviledge of speaking to her... sounds like a wonderful woman who will be missed dearly. Will keep her family in our prayers. I assume she had a TBird of her own and had a long history with the group... Anyone have a picture of her and the car to post as a memorial on the site? Just wondering....

Comment

Old pic but the only one I have of her .The car never gets old lol!
              Alison

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                Old pic but the only one I have of her .The car never gets old lol!
                Oh my, if that is Marilyn in the middle she is too young to be gone.
                T-Birding it's the only way to fly!
                Richard & Gordon

Comment

That picture is old, but I don't know exactly. Marilyn was 75.
                  Alison

Comment

Thanks for posting. Beautiful woman and I'm sure she was still a charming soul at 75 years young. Will be missed.

Comment

Working...
                    X