Passing of Jim Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing of Jim Young

It’s with great sadness that I pass along this news - Jim Young’s daughter shared on Facebook that Jim had passed away yesterday. Jim was a long time TBN member and was known for being a talented artist via his many metal workings, his bunker with singing animals, a keen sense of humor, and his career in the US Army. Please keep his wife Brenda and rest of the family In your thoughts and prayers.

Jim was always special to me as we bonded over owning Merlot/Sand combo TBirds, and he always so very nice to me personally. Had a fun memory being his copilot in Maggie Valley. Rest In Peace Jim and thank you for your service.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obit...0gXHzJyC4EaEBc

Really sad to hear this. Jim was one of the best. Keeping his loved ones in my prayers.

Comment

i was shocked when I saw this on Facebook. i did not know he was sick.
      02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
      02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
      03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
      03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
      04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
      04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
      04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
      04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
      05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
      05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
      05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
      - 48&DC

Comment

RIP Col. Jim. Thank you for your service to our country and your participation on TBN.

Jim donated one of his art pieces for auction for the SGK breast cancer charity event we had at Heartland Thunder in 2006. I remember it sold for $600, a nice chunk of the $30K we raised.

God bless the Young family in this time of grief.
        21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

I was very sad to hear about this. He was a good man and and devoted to his Retro. He wanted his sickness to remain private he told me.
          sigpicSoaring with My Raven Under Carolina Blue Skies ...

Comment

P1090449.JPG
            Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post
            RIP Col. Jim. Thank you for your service to our country and your participation on TBN.

Jim donated one of his art pieces for auction for the SGK breast cancer charity event we had at Heartland Thunder in 2006. I remember it sold for $600, a nice chunk of the $30K we raised.

God bless the Young family in this time of grief.
            I got one of those from Heartland but didn't pay that much. It's in the Tiki Bar room. Sad to hear of his passing, he was a good man.
            Last edited by Gobird; Jul 18, 2020, 05:08 PM.
            They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
            IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
            Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Working...
            X