Extra key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra key

Fairly new owner here. Got my t-bird last week and wanted to make an extra key with fob in case one of the originals were lost. Got them both off Amazon for a fair price. Programmed the fob with no problem. A few days later I had the spare key cut at a local locksmith. Went home to program it, but decided to try it for the heck of it and it started the car!! I thought it had to be programmed. Any similar experience? I don't want to get stuck somewhere using the spare key.

Originally posted by asether View Post
    Fairly new owner here. Got my t-bird last week and wanted to make an extra key with fob in case one of the originals were lost. Got them both off Amazon for a fair price. Programmed the fob with no problem. A few days later I had the spare key cut at a local locksmith. Went home to program it, but decided to try it for the heck of it and it started the car!! I thought it had to be programmed. Any similar experience? I don't want to get stuck somewhere using the spare key.
    If it's working why complain? Sounds OK to me.

Comment

Arm the alarm with the FOB standing outside of the car and then try to get in the car and start it with just the key

Comment

Working...
      X