Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen this seat back?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post

    Just curious, if that's a seat back... what's the area facing the rear called?
    That's the front of the space behind the seats...
    Quickdraw
    Raccoon Lodge Administrator

    Comment


    • #17
      Yep, back of the seat back of course.

      Comment


      • #18
        My 02 with a build date of July 02 has the Thunderbird logo on the back at a little above the shoulder level. I would trade for heated seats any day.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Howlandd View Post
          I would trade for heated seats any day.
          Dan I had a car (not Bird) that I had heated seats installed. Most good upholstery/convertible top shop should be able to do reasonably with a switch hidden. Looked very professional/OEM like.

          Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
          2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

          Comment


          • #20
            That's a good idea, Bill. Problem is I live in rural northern Minnesota and we just don't have a local upholstery/convertible shop good or bad LOL. My "big city" is about 100 miles west of me. It is Fargo, ND.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Howlandd View Post
              That's a good idea, Bill. Problem is I live in rural northern Minnesota and we just don't have a local upholstery/convertible shop good or bad LOL. My "big city" is about 100 miles west of me. It is Fargo, ND.
              Dan that's a phone call and a top down drive and a nice lunch while being installed. obviously don't know about northern Minnesota (except for U. S. Army artic survival training in Brainard in 197x--watched Viking-Steeler Superbowl in Minneapolis airport) . Do know that my navigator has heated seats on every time she sits in that seat--winter or summer!
              Was a reasonable charge as I remember it.
              Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
              2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

              Comment


              • #22
                Dan I've even used my heated seats here in Florida, Bill's idea is probably best. Another reason I'm glad to have an 03

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                  Dan I've even used my heated seats here in Florida, Bill's idea is probably best. Another reason I'm glad to have an 03
                  You do know that all 2003s do not have heated seats?
                  02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                  02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                  03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                  03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                  04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                  04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                  04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
                  04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                  05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                  05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                  05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                  - 48&DC

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thanks for the reminder Ron. I know the 02's didn't have them..

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                      Thanks for the reminder Ron. I know the 02's didn't have them..

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+7 View Post

                        You do know that all 2003s do not have heated seats?
                        Any chance the heaters were installed in all but just not hooked up in the ones without the option/switches?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Brad View Post

                          Any chance the heaters were installed in all but just not hooked up in the ones without the option/switches?
                          My best guess is no. There would be no reason for that, and the cost of the heat pads would be too much to give away. However I would wager the wiring connectors are taped back in the console and in the floor harnesses. I think I have some used heat pads.
                          02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                          02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                          03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                          03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                          04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                          04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                          04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
                          04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                          05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                          05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                          05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                          - 48&DC

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            So has anyone installed heated seats in a retro?? I would really like them in mine as living in Northern Idaho it might extend my driving season by about 45 minutes

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by carntz View Post
                              So has anyone installed heated seats in a retro?? I would really like them in mine as living in Northern Idaho it might extend my driving season by about 45 minutes
                              Check with DavidA. He added them to his 02.
                              19 years, 168K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X