2003 Thunderbird - 3 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Thunderbird - 3 Questions

I have three questions regarding my 2003 Thunderbird.
    1) How do I know if it is a premium or deluxe? I do have heated seats and someone told me they thought that might be a premium.
    2) What is the proper name of my cars white exterior color. I would assume Ford only made one shade white color for that year. Is it arctic white?
    3) Has anyone seen any aftermarket accessories that would cover the bottom part of my front fender which is cracked due to hitting a curb in a parking lot. Has anyone manufactured some sort of metal cover or plastic maybe for that part of the car as it is so low and I am sure many have experience the same issue. Thx.

1) Your Chrome 7 spoke wheels would indicate you have a premium model.
    2) The Thunderbird name for the 02/03 white color is Whisper White. The Ford name for the color is Ceramic White. They are the same paint code.
    3) Don't know of any after market parts. There are folks that can repair plastic parts.

For more information - check out www.portholeauthority.com and the thread Quickdraw has where he can look up pertinent facts about your particular car base on the VIN - http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...05-thunderbird .
    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Everything you need to know. Except for the fender question. You'll have to wait for an expert. I always go with duct tape.

http://www.portholeauthority.com/the...2003/2003.html
      sigpic

Comment

If this doesn't help, a good laugh will!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrbTta-VZ50
        Life without passion is no life at all.
        Sean Combs

Comment

Originally posted by merlot4 View Post
          Oh my. That poor Fairmont (I think) what were designers thinking on the seventh? My goodness they were the ugliest batch of cars to ever shame Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2BIRD View Post
            1) Your Chrome 7 spoke wheels would indicate you have a premium model.
            2) The Thunderbird name for the 02/03 white color is Whisper White. The Ford name for the color is Ceramic White. They are the same paint code.
            3) Don't know of any after market parts. There are folks that can repair plastic parts.

For more information - check out www.portholeauthority.com and the thread Quickdraw has where he can look up pertinent facts about your particular car base on the VIN - http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forum...05-thunderbird .
            Thx 2K2Bird. Unfortunately I am selling my bird because I just don't have enough room at the moment and have the opportunity to buy 65 Stang Fastback. Needed the information for a new owner. Also was hoping to cover the crack underneath the bumper versus sanding, bonds and painting.. It's pretty ugly. Other than that the car is absolutely stunning for 61,000 miles. Anyone in the Tampa FL area interested in my car give me a shout.

Comment

There have been more
              uglier cars build after these. One off hand is the Pontic Aztec.
              Last edited by Gobird; Jan 15, 2018, 06:53 PM.
              They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
              IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
              Visit the TBN Store

Comment

They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
                IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
                Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Looks like a NASA designer car gone wrong.

Comment

[QUOTE=mrgroovy;n1019910]I have three questions regarding my 2003 Thunderbird.bracket
                    1) How do I know if it is a premium or deluxe? I do have heated seats and someone told me they thought that might be a premium.
                    2) What is the proper name of my cars white exterior color. I would assume Ford only made one shade white color for that year. Is it arctic white

Doug it would only be arctic white if you lived in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. As to the front lower bumper apron repair, I had a similar issue. Not only is the car low in the front, I'd added a spoiler (now removed) that caught on a parking block and tore the fiberglass about two inches. Luckily my TBN friend Stu hooked me up with a shop in Ocala that not only fixed that issue, but removed the license holder and the front emblem. Included in the price(250) was repainting of the fascia...an all around good deal..good luck

Comment

Originally posted by merlot4 View Post
                      Thanks for the chuckle. Remember, if the girls don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. Classic....
                      2004 Merlot Premium. 2013 Honda CRV, 2019 LTV Unity.

Comment

The bumper cover can be repaired depending on how badly it's damaged. Take it to a trusted body shop and get an estimate.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimr View Post
                          The bumper cover can be repaired depending on how badly it's damaged. Take it to a trusted body shop and get an estimate.
                          He may have a damaged rocker molding, not a bumper cover.
                          02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                          02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                          03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                          03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                          04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                          04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                          04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
                          04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                          05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                          05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                          05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                          - 48&DC

Comment

Originally posted by mrgroovy View Post
                            I have three questions regarding my 2003 Thunderbird.
                            2) What is the proper name of my cars white exterior color. I would assume Ford only made one shade white color for that year. Is it arctic white?
                            3) Has anyone seen any aftermarket accessories that would cover the bottom part of my front fender which is cracked due to hitting a curb in a parking lot. Has anyone manufactured some sort of metal cover or plastic maybe for that part of the car as it is so low and I am sure many have experience the same issue. Thx.
                            I once found the entire front end fascia on EBay for about $300.00. I had taken my WW to a MAACO dealer AS I Also have a small crack on the bottom of the bumper. They suggested replacing the fascia (bumper) as It did not Seem they could fix/hide the crack. Hence my search on EBay. I have held off as it is not that noticeable, but figure there has to be a body shop that one day that I will approach for a fix.
                            Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

Issy go to local used car dealers and ask who they use to fix bumpers.

Comment

Working...
                              X