• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 02-T-Bird View Post
    IMG_0195.JPG

After we ate the owner.
    Must have been some great meal.

Comment

• Originally posted by 15AGAIN View Post
      Keep the pictures coming, I will pick one Monday if no more show up.
      I'm boycotting since the criteria was changed after a couple of pictures were posted. The original request did not say it had to be THAT Rte 66.

Bird is the word.....
      Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken US editor (1880 - 1956)

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyFrye View Post

I'm boycotting since the criteria was changed after a couple of pictures were posted. The original request did not say it had to be THAT Rte 66.
        I feel your pain.

Comment

• Rusty, I did not remove or disallow your picture--it was from a Route 66 so it qualifies!!!!
          My bad that I did not tell you it was qualified!!!
          Birds of the 48
          15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

• From the sheer number I would pick Paul
            For thinking out of the box I would pick Doug
            But in the end I will go with Dot --so Dot the next challenge is up to you!!!

Thanks for all the great pictures and memories!!!
            Birds of the 48
            15AGAIN has been in 48 States and 9 Canadian Provinces. Travelled many miles with great friends-- "Priceless"

Comment

• Thank you, Bill, for the pick and prod. Last time I did this I was on a color frame of mind. Well, that hasn't left me. In honor of the coming TBN event Feb 7, this time the CHALLENGE will be FIESTA aka BRIGHT colors in the photo. Some hints to help you along. A lot of murals our cars are put next to are colorful. Scenic flowers in the pic. You get the idea? You could even decorate your car for this one if it's not covered up with snow. (or even if it is!). And this is coming up in Feb. Mardi Gras. I've seen that they're decorating the houses now, since there won't be a Mardi Gras parade this year.
              Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• Dot, less than an hour before you posted your challenge, I took this picture which I think hits the mark pretty well. I hadn't noticed this mural before today. As you can see from the signage this "joint" is definitely a feel good, Fiesta kind of place. It also hits the Mardi Gras theme pretty well. I'm betting no one will be able to guess what national retailer built and resided in this building for over 20 years before it went out of business last year.

20210204_002325.jpg

21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• MTT
                  21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

• Come on folks. This isn't that hard of a challenge. I have more that fit it, but I'm trying to hold off for others to jump in. Don't make me pull a Route 66 assault on this one, ha.

Comment

• IMG_7083.jpg
                      This is the best I can come up with.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• i went though a few hundred of my pictures (Computer, phone and iPad) to IMG_0872.JPG search for some color to meet the challenge, it was not that easy. I did find this one from a couple of years ago.
                        Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

• 20170826_112614[1].jpg This as colorful as I could find!!!!!
                          Attached Files
                          Birds of the 48

Comment

• I think we have the winner!

Comment

• I'm ending this challenge with the win going to Bill Green - WOW on the RED color showing with Ronald MacDonald. Very Colorful!

and darn, that was a hard choice to make - Issy's with all those graffiti rail cars, and Paul with his clairvoyant find and more colors with Ted's horse mural.
                              Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

• Awesome choice
                                DaveR (as seen on survelance TV)

Comment

Working...
                                X