Inca Gold Paint touch-up formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inca Gold Paint touch-up formula

The independent paint shop that mixed my touch-up paint put the formula on the label (Ford's paint label code number is on the door of your Bird - you'll see that code posted on the label: Bl).
    I've included snaps of the label so as to help anyone else with an IG secure the correct shade for their IG. This formula was so good that you cannot tell where I touched up on the car (also used it on the chipped portion on the rear of the roof - now you can't tell where it was chipped).

fullsizeoutput_222f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2231.jpeg

Thanks Jim. I downloaded the photos and saved for future reference if needed.

Comment

Thanks Jim I have also saved this information, what paint brand does your dealer use?
      02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
      02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
      03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
      03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
      04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
      04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
      04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
      04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
      05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
      05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
      05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
      - 48&DC

Comment

Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+8 View Post
        Thanks Jim I have also saved this information, what paint brand does your dealer use?
        Boy, that's a good question. Let me see if I can find out...it's only a couple of blocks from our house.

Comment

Originally posted by 4LOWBIRDS+8 View Post
          Sherwin-Williams

https://www.sherwin-automotive.com/s.../store-locator

...the closest store for you might be:

Snip20190127_6.png

Comment

Originally posted by AZTB View Post

Sherwin-Williams

https://www.sherwin-automotive.com/s.../store-locator

...the closest store for you might be:

Snip20190127_6.png
            Thank you.
            02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
            02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
            03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
            03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
            04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
            04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
            04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
            04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
            05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
            05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
            05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
            - 48&DC

Comment

Ditto what the others have said, Jim. Thank you for posting.

fyi for the future. Every so often, paint companies change the base colors they use for mixing colors so be aware of that in the future. Not sure how often they do it but we've run into the changes a couple of times with our cars of the 50s. When that happens, color mixes have to be reformulated.
              Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

Got a scratch on the bumper this past Monday so attempted to use my touch-up paint from SW. It had solidified, so I took the bottle down to the SW store (2 minutes from our house), and showed them the bottle. They made me up a new "batch"...only cost me $15.79 - HOWEVER, I noticed the formula was a little different, and when I applied it to the scratch, it match so perfectly I couldn't see where it was.

I've attached the updated formula (from the bottle) from SW for those who might want/need it.

fullsizeoutput_3645.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3646.jpeg

Comment

Glad you brought this up with your minor update. I had forgot that you had done that already. Think I better get your photos copied off for my quick reference. Our Inca does need some touch-up.
                  Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

I try to keep mine touched up - a daily driver does encounter needs for touching up (like my encounter on Monday at a parking lot). And I have to say, Dot, that I've found the Sherwin Williams folks to be the best...the outlet here that's only blocks from our house specializes in auto paint and processing. Even though I'm only buying .15 of a pint at a time, they treat me like I'm spending major $$ with them. Post #5 has the link to locate the closest SW outlet.

Comment

Working...
                    X