Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the "What did you do with your Thunderbird today?" thread get deleted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaned the T-bird up from our caravan with the Sooner Thunderbird Club in the rain last weekend. Contemplating whether to put the black hardtop on or stay topless for those random warm enough days in the winter
    21 years, 174K miles, 48 States X 2 & DC, 9 Canadian provinces, 8 European countries, 3 Caribbean Islands, 3 Hawaiian Islands, 100+ National Park locations, 150+ T-bird events, 190+ retrobird diecasts/models, 13 TOTM pics & some very special friends...THANKS TBN !

Comment

Put the hardtop on, recalibrated the window drop, and drove off to see the doctor.

Comment

Got my car back today polished, new brake fluid, brake pads, coolant water, motor oil and filter,
        drived it direct to the garage I have rented so I can drop the fuel tank and see where it leaks

20191106_145805.jpg
        I Started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik73 View Post
          Got my car back today polished, new brake fluid, brake pads, coolant water, motor oil and filter,
          drived it direct to the garage I have rented so I can drop the fuel tank and see where it leaks

20191106_145805.jpg
          Fredrick, if you get a chance take some pictures of the steps you take to drop the gas tank for possible usage by us, ne never knows if.
          Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

Claudia and I are headed to Panama City Beach tomorrow for the weekend, to attend the “Emerald Coast Cruizin’ Car Show” and to also spend the weekend around that part of Florida. Driving the PCR down to drop the top down at night and enjoy the cruising at night. Show runs though Saturday (Nov 6-9 are the dates), and besides the great classic cars to see will be:

*The worlds smallest person
            *Meeting Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster)
            *Meeting Happy Days stars Potsie and Ralph Malph
            *Meeting Joe and Amanda Martin of the TV series “Iron Resurrection”

Woopie'!!!!!!!!!!!
            Honor the sacrifices our predecessors paid for our country.

Comment

Originally posted by ISSYRO View Post

Fredrick, if you get a chance take some pictures of the steps you take to drop the gas tank for possible usage by us, ne never knows if.
              Yes I will do that I will start a new post and send details and photos
              /Fredrik
              I Started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Comment

Put it away for the winter!

Bought a Car Bag car jacket for it to keep the little buggers out, not going through that again.

Thanks Chuck!

Joe
                It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Comment

Went to Henderson, TX this weekend with our 57. Ran great until after lunch as we were touring east TX with our AACA club. Made to the hotel for the overnight with much trouble with the car. Were not sure if it was electrical or fuel related. Spouse drove it off to a friends home in Tyler and they took out the pertronics and replaced with points and condenser and it ran but still not acting quite right. Time for bed anyway. Got up the next morning(Saturday) to go to Henderson TX for their annual syrup festival. Started acting up again real bad and would not stay running for longer than a mile at a time. George finally decided to pull over and put the car on the club trouble trailer and ride the rest of the way in a van pulling the trailer to Henderson. Me, I got to ride in the backseats (if you can call it that) of a 1973 hopped up Mustang fastback. umm, not the best place for an adult to ride in but it got me there.

Henderson has a car show along with their syrup festival there were lots of cars. The Mustang had to park on the road center line. Our 57 showed up on the trailer about a 20 minutes later and found a place to park close to the cars. George spent the rest of the morning, taking replacing other parts such as fuel filter (not the problem) but had to find a local parts house to get a new coil which was his last thing to do to try to fix it. He had the help of a local Henderson resident that had just bought a white 57 a couple of months ago and that man provided him transportation to the parts house. Then he broke an old wire on another part and his electrical tape was too old to use so off to another parts place to get some tape. Finally had it all together... and it ran great... on the trailer. Then had to get it off the trailer, no problem and we were able to park the car with other show cars.

Meanwhile, there was a Thunderbird BLUE retro, top down, parked further into the show with an empty green chair behind it. I passed it a couple of times with it empty in my walks on that street that morning. Finally went by it again when George was walking back from getting the tape and the chair had an occupant so I went over to ;talk to him while George went on to finish fixing the 57. The owner had only had the car for 2 months. I had noted that he didn't have the boot cover on exactly correct so got that entered into our conversation and showed him how to tuck the sides in on it and gave him a tip on how to get the snaps to do his bidding. He was quite happy that he had found someone to talk to about the car and wanted to talk to others. Also gave him my site address and TBN's address. He plans to join sometime in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile he & I went on talking. He had said his wife was the one that wanted the car so he bought it (80K miles) for her but he said he learned how nice it was to drive in for such a low-to-get-in car. They plan to drive it and enjoy it but not as an everyday car.

Finally left in time to take pics of George driving the 57 off the trailer. We drove it home today with no problems.IMG_2322 TBIRD Charles Kennard.JPG hendersonTXNov92019_2301.JPGIMG_2325 coming off TBIRD640.JPG
                  Limited Edition databases for 007 msg..#26 , PCR sticky, and Cashmere msg.#64

Porthole Authority

2023 calendar

Comment

Put the hardtop on the Nieman Marcus and took it for a short drive. We now have added 34,000 plus miles since it came from California.

nieman marcus 1.jpg
                    02 Nieman Marcus-SS htp-f/sil. #165 - 21 states-DC
                    02 TB-TB htp-p/blue acc.-Nancy Gioia-28 states-DC
                    03 007-Coral htp-f/white acc. #468 7 states
                    03 WW-WW htp-p/red 8 states
                    04 VMG-VMG htp-p/white - 20 states-DC
                    04 Merlot- Merlot htp-sand- B. Grassnig-48 states-DC
                    04 TR-TR htp-blk 20 states-DC
                    04 LIB-LIB htp-p/white 16 states-DC
                    05 Cashmere htp-stone #408 21 states-DC
                    05 Dusk Rose-DR htp-cashmere seats - 48&DC
                    05 IG-IG htp-p/white #82
                    - 48&DC

Comment

Got the top on this week. Also got Flo a new hat.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Today I did something stupid which is not that unusual for me. Managed to lock my keys in the car at my daughter’s place. At least I wasn’t far from home. Used her car to go home for the spare set.

Comment

Gene if you had the OEM outside push button door opener you'd have been ok. I just received notification that my dual rear spoilers are done!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                            Gene if you had the OEM outside push button door opener you'd have been ok. I just received notification that my dual rear spoilers are done!
                            You’re right Greg. Are they still available? Where did you mount it?

Comment

Gene similar to this one. I placed it below the windshield drivers sidehttps://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-NEW-Fro...AAOSwrslaYlP Q Try Fairway Ford
                              Last edited by BLACK BEAUTY; Nov 18, 2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK BEAUTY View Post
                                Gene similar to this one. I placed it below the windshield drivers sidehttps://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-NEW-Fro...AAOSwrslaYlP Q Try Fairway Ford
                                Thanks for the info. That looks like a good spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X