Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllisonCal View Post
    I've heard that American Cars are very popular in Sweden,
    Fredrik, and we want you to know that Swedish cars are very popular in the U.S.A. also.

I currently am in negotiations on purchasing one. Have almost agreed on price etc. (Alas my Chrysler 300c hemi will be gone --if ever you have a chance get one!) But now comes the tough part. I requested that two sets of keys be made available. He balked, Said this that and everything else about you have to go to the dealer and prove ownership etc, etc etc. Sort of believed him as we had to provide everything but our first born son to get extras for our Saab. He said we really didn't need an extra set. Wrong! we lost 3 sets to the Saab.

Agreed that I'd get the keys made after we exchange cars and money next Saturday. I call the dealer and ask about getting a key made. Ready for this...…………….....….….. $450-$500 U.S. Dollars for a key. Owner is away so we haven't talked but for that kind of money, the deal dies. (Whoever heard of a 5 cylinder car anyway!) Fredrik, save my deal! (Or anyone else here with a MUCH cheaper solution. HELP!

Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
    2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

Bill
      Anna works at Volvo so I asked her,
      she told me the price looks right and they need the car to program new keys
      so I can't make the key here and send to you
      what model is it on the Volvo ?
      i also think 5 cylinders are odd but they run great I had more then one

im looking for a 300c hemi or charger v6 but they must be in Sweden sorry
      Fredrik
      I Started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik73 View Post
        Bill

Fredrik
        Thanks Fredrik for your quick reply. As many folks here know I've been after a hardtop convertible for many years. The model is a C70 and it is priced correctly and is in phenomenal condition. Not one mark or scratch. But...………. I have a bad feeling that owner must think I'm stupid. Will be willing to split the cost but if not the deal dies.

I never heard of a five cylinder engine but it is rated at (I think) 225 hp. It accelerates nicely and went from 65 to 90 MPH very nicely!
        Bill Coates-Canfield, Ohio
        2003 -THE GREY GHOST- MSG, Saddle with Saddle dash kit, door panels, boot and visors

Comment

They have had a five cylinder for a long time. Always struck me as odd.

Comment

Originally posted by wcoates View Post

I never heard of a five cylinder engine but it is rated at (I think) 225 hp. It accelerates nicely and went from 65 to 90 MPH very nicely!
            Bill, if I remember correctly GM had a five cylinder engine in the early 2000's in the Canyon, Colorado and the Hummer H3. Had a friend with the Hummer H3 and he was saying how he liked the 5 cylinder engine for towing his travel trailer.

Comment

Bill

im looking for a 300c hemi or charger v6 but they must be in Sweden sorry
              Fredrik
              Fredrik,
              My cousin in Munich Germany always drove Volvos.
              I would like to have an Audi 2.5L 5 cylinder with 400 HP and about 390 FP torque, direct and port injection, four wheel drive and 0-100KM in 3.9 seconds.
              Does Volvo make an engine like that

Hermann
              Last edited by HKS; May 27, 2019, 06:33 AM.
              2002 TB Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
              2021 Explorer XLT Sport 2.3L 300HP/310FP color RollingThunder
              2015 Passat SE TDI 150HP/236FP (40MpgCity47MpgHW) 720MR
              26Mpg in traffic jam. Skill required to get 40+mpg in town.

Comment

Originally posted by HKS View Post

Fredrik,
                My cousin in Munich Germany always drove Volvos.
                I would like to have an Audi 2.5L 5 cylinder with 400 HP and about 390 FP torque, direct and port injection, four wheel drive and 0-100KM in 3.9 seconds.
                Does Volvo make an engine like that

Hermann
                I don't think so
                it sounds like Audi ur Quattro rally car

https://youtu.be/cDRkHXMHqFo

Comment

Thanks Fredrik for your quick reply. As many folks here know I've been after a hardtop convertible for many years. The model is a C70 and it is priced correctly and is in phenomenal condition. Not one mark or scratch. But...………. I have a bad feeling that owner must think I'm stupid. Will be willing to split the cost but if not the deal dies.

That is a nice car, but I think if this deal feels wrong from the beginning so find another one there must be more
                  and they are well taken care of, I have never seen a ruf one

Comment

image.jpeg
                    this one was at the Volvo museum

Comment

I don't think so
                      it sounds like Audi ur Quattro rally car

https://youtu.be/cDRkHXMHqFo
                      Yes, 36 degree piston overlap gives a nice boost in power and torque. Some people love the sound of 1-2-4-5-3 firing order.
                      And, the engine can sit sideways like all modern 4 cylinder engines in FW drive vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Vdkn9vmFI

The 5 cylinder engine has a balance shaft. Keep in mind that modern 4 cylinder engines have 2 balance shafts.
                      Last edited by HKS; May 29, 2019, 03:19 AM.
                      2002 TB Motor Trend COTY Blue/White/Full #24737 (One of 291)
                      2021 Explorer XLT Sport 2.3L 300HP/310FP color RollingThunder
                      2015 Passat SE TDI 150HP/236FP (40MpgCity47MpgHW) 720MR
                      26Mpg in traffic jam. Skill required to get 40+mpg in town.

Comment

Working...
                      X