Windshield wipers motor and pigtail harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield wipers motor and pigtail harness

My 2005 has a bad windshield wiper motor. The Ford dealer (Moorseville, NC) said he can replace the motor but the pigtail harness is no longer made. He found one at some shop in Nevada and offered to have it shipped. Repair price is $675 plus the $110 diagnostic fee I already paid. Before I pull the trigger on this I would like to know if anyone here thinks this is reasonable or if you might think of options I could pursue. Thank you. Frank Shults

Look for one in a junk yard. I got a pair of seats almost like new, in a junk yard for my 02.
    They are Here. Scotty, beam me up!
    IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE
    Visit the TBN Store

Comment

Check out what is available for a Lincoln LS, Same year. Many parts are the same. There are a lot of Lincoln LS in Salvage yards while Retrobirds can seldom be found in a salvage yard.

Comment

Rock Auto has them rebuilt or new from $62 to $120.
        https://www.rockauto.com/
        sigpic

Comment

Have a used one here from a 2002 that I stripped . Would assume they are all the same . $ 75.00 plus shipping . OBO .

Comment

How much of the $675 is labor?

Comment

I can't imagine wearing one out on a tbird unless one drives in the rain all the time. It's probably just some contacts inside that need cleaned or brushes cleaned, etc. I've hardly ever driven mine in rain the last 4 years I've had it.

Comment

Comment

2.5 hours of labor, about 350-375

Comment

Working...
                  X